1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a question about discrimination

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XD9999, Aug 16, 2008.

1. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Hi, every now and then i like to watch TV shows like madtv, american dad, aliens in america, 30 ROCK, and family guy. Sometimes in the show, when someone is labeled a jew, a muslim, an asian, or middle-eastern, there is a tendency for a negative disposition. Can someone explain please?

2. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

They are considered "weird", "unusual", and "funny" to the mainstream American audience I suppose. Actually, anything out of the ordinary tends to have negative meanings. But, for the sake of comedy/good television I'm sure most of it could be overlooked. Except for rather serious ones, of course.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just like in South Park, racial jokes abound, but if you're "mentally" & "socially" mature enough, you should know the distinction between what is funny or just pure harassment.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They do that, since jokes about those races etc. are part of their life. Most of them are prejudice anyway.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Yeah....

The racism within shows like southpark, simpsons, or american dad are generally used to "Humor" people, based on their past. Like the Jewish:They were victims of the holocaust, Muslims:They are generally portrayed as Extremists, or terrorists... based on how come they are always in wars? (Not sure on this one honestly)
    Asian:Smart, because they were one of the major contributors to mankind, They made gunpowder and fireworks.. etc

This is just based on what I know, You guys may correct me, if needed.