1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A Question about a Rom\'s Language

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by revolverocelot9, Mar 19, 2014.

1. revolverocelot9

revolverocelot9 New Member

Before this gets moved, I DID look at the other sections and I didn't find anywhere else to post this to.

I'm wondering about the Zero Shinku no Chou ROM for the Wii. I love the Fatal Frame/Project Zero games (even though I have never finished a single one yet) and would like to know if the one here has English, or is it only in Japanese?

I got a copy of Zero Tsukihami no Kamen (which is Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse) and got the English patch for that, but since there is an English version that was released I doubt that any one has made one for this game.

Here is the link for the game on this site,
    www. romulation. net/ roms/ Wii/ Zero-Shinku-no-Chou-J-Caravan.rar/

I really want this game, but since I only know about 2 words in Japanese I don't want to fumble through playing it that way.

Thanks in advanced.

P.S. It is telling me that I can't post an external link, even though it is on the same domain. I added a space after ever period and slash.
    Post Merge: [time]1395330255[/time]
    Nobody.

I'll let everyone know in a couple a weeks after I get enough points to download it. Unless some nice moderator at RomUlation wants to give me the points to download it. It will take 4227 points to download.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The English version of Zero Shinku no Chou? Project Zero 2 a.k.a Fatal Frame 2 : Crimson Butterfly?
    I don't think we have it here yet. You'll be able to post external links after a number of posts made. It's a security measure to prevent spammers. Also, moderators/admins will not be giving you free point top ups for no obvious reason. You will have to earn it in a fair and square way like everyone else. You'll have to be patience until you accumulate enough point to download it. Or become a premium member by subscribing to allow you download unlimitedly.

RomUlation has policy about points. Here read this:

[quote author=https://www.romulation.org/introduction/#points]Points

RomUlation uses a point system to prevent download abuse. We host a large number of files, and without the point sytem in place, a small number of greedy users would saturate the connection and create a poor experience for everyone else.

When you sign up at RomUlation, 2500 points are credited to your account to get you started. Every megabyte you download requires 1 point. For example, an 80MB file will cost 80 points. If you run out of points, there are a variety of ways to earn more.:
    » Regular members receive 250 points credited to their account every 24 hours.
    » Become a premium member! Premium members do not require points to download at all! See the benefits available to you as a premium member here.
    » Upload Screenshots! Each screenshot that you upload and get approved earns you 30 points. See the screenshots section for more information.

Points are removed from your account as soon as you begin your download. The point cost for that file will then be set to zero for you for 72 hours, enabling you to redownload the file in case of a broken download or interrupted transfer. You can, however, always resume a download at no point cost.
    [/quote]

Hope that explains some of your questions.

3. revolverocelot9

revolverocelot9 New Member

I'm going to start out by saying sorry. This is going to seem a little bit on the flaming side, but I feel like I have to say this.

First off I know the English translation of the game and it is technically Project Zero 2: Wii Edition or Fatal Frame 2: Deep Crimson Butterfly. Second you never said whether or not the game had and English in it. You only said that the English version is not here yet. Which could mean that the version here is only in Japanese or that is has both Japanese and English.

Second the link I put in my first post was NOT an EXTERNAL link. Unless I'm not nerd enough (College Graduate with an AAS in Computer Science with a 4.0 GPA) to know what the definition of external is. Now I don't know how the network at RomUlation is set up but I can tell you one thing that anyone can find out with a few lines in a terminal program and they are as follows,

So basically you answered none of my questions since I only asked one.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We didn't write SMF nor the mod that blocks external links. We have no control over what it defines as external.

5. Prectorian

Being a computer graduate doesn't mean you're fully computer literate. I've seen computer graduates like you who're less capable than those not graduating from that major. If you're so smart, the file name should have suffice. Also, think why would a company make an English version if there's English in the Japanese version? So don't brag about your education background on me unnecessarily. Smart people act humble, not go around telling people they got high grades in school. The fact you did, shows nobody took notice of your scores. Just so you know new members don't get to post html link wherever the source might be until you submit enough posts; 5 if not mistaken.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 5 I think.
    Used to be 7 or 10, but I had Seph lower it.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there's no need for that.

8. Prectorian

I'm not trying to start an argument or belittling him. I'm just pointing out that his remarks in response to my post as unnecessary.