1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A project I'm working on - Ballad of the nintendo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by personuser, Sep 26, 2010.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Hey. As I said a bit earlier, I'm actually recorderdude on youtube.

Probably the hugest project I've been working on is a "with lyrics-esque" music video flash animation called "ballad of the nintendo". It uses a medley of wario's woods NES music to tell the story of a person named "William Steinmetz Jr." (a mashup of the names of IRL BFs) who got a NES as a kid and found it taken away far too soon because his parents thought it would ruin his chances of doing well in life (by some crazy chance, the same thing happened to me. Wow.) He becomes "sucessful", as most may think of him, a good job, etc. but he's never really happy. It shows how the character finds true happiness in life until he went back to the one thing he enjoyed. It also some makes retro in-jokes and pans the FPS craze a little. I recorded and sung the entire thing.

I haven't gotten any further than the first version of song with some (quick and sloppy) storyboards yet.

Here it is though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYB1tIYOpj0

If you read the comments, you might notice that I was talking with another animator called RacoonLuigiAlt about collaborating...ya, that fell through when he blew me off to do an eddsworld ripoff with his pals...which he never did anyway.

I plan to re-record the song and get some good art in sooner or later.

I still want to continue with it in my spare time tho...just need to find an artist (As you can see in the video I ain't DaVinci)

I think it could be good, tho. Heck brentalfloss liked it.

So what do yous think?

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Do you have an NG account?

3. personuser

Yes.

http://recorderdude.newgrounds.com/

4. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

The BBS there should be fairly helpful. I don't think any of us here at Romulation will be very helpful.

They have an Animation section and a Collaboration section.

5. personuser

Ah, allright. Haven't thought of there yet.