1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a problem with the ezflash 3-in-1

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by seventhsage, Sep 23, 2010.

1. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

I got my R4 along with the EZ Flash 3-in-1 about three years ago. It worked perfectly during the time (about 6 months) when I used the built in firmware. (I loaded games on it with gbaexploader). I switched to YSMENU and used it to manage games itself. Again, no major problems, but I switched back to using GBAexploder because I didn't like the way Ysmenu handled save files. I then switched to WoodR4, I heard it manages GBA games quite well. I found that when I tried to load a gba game straight from the firmware, it completely ignored me, like I didn't even have a slot 2 device. I then put GBAexploder on the card and used it. When it loads, i get the message:

SLOT 2 DEVICE NOT FOUND, PRESS (a) TO REDO FROM START.

The device is clearly there, and the system can reognize it, because when I boot the DS normally, without my R4 in the slot, it recognizes the 3-in-1 as a gba game (it contains tactics ogre - knights of lodis). I just want to clear what's on the card, as I suspect there was a copying error from when I was using ysmenu. I now use woodR4, and even when I just select the game directly, without using gbaexploder, nothing happens. I just want to know if there is any way to format the slot 2 device, perhaps a tool you can use from the slot 1 device. I think that if I remove the data (obviously corrupted) on the card now, it will work, but I just don't know how to do that... I may need to get a new card, but I'd like to try anything else I can first...