1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A problem with my R4 card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shunkisoragi, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shunkisoragi

shunkisoragi New Member

Okay, here is my problem. My R4 card was working fine until today, and I did not modify the contents of my micro SD card today. When I put the R4 card into the DS and start it up, this message is displayed: SD/TF card error. I tried to access the files on the SD card via my computer and it said the card needed to be formatted, but that would delete everything I have on it. The games I have on it are not important, they can be replaced. The problem is I do not know what other files, if any, I need to actually use the .nds files

My idea is to format my SD card and then copy all files from my friend's SD card (which he uses in his R4 card) onto mine. Will this solve my problem?

Also, I sometimes have trouble getting in touch with this friend. Is there an easier way to download the files I need? If so, where and how can I get them?

I am pretty new at this, so being as specific as possible would really help me out.

Thank you.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

first thing you need to do is find out what R4 you have, as there are a number of clones using the name, and they all need different system software. Then you can download the correct system software from www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and extract it onto your SD card.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You backup all your data beforehand.

4. shunkisoragi

shunkisoragi New Member

Thanks, Loonylion. Your reply helped a lot, and my card is working again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.