1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A notice of some work i'll be doing soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fallenleader, Jul 28, 2008.

1. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

I have screenshots of around 200 GBA games, taken on my xbox but backed up onto dvd. They should be in .jpg or .pcx or some crap, and will be converted to .jpg if not already. I would like to start uploading these to the download section.

They are all screen's of the start "main" menu of each game. If this is ok.

will also be taking same type of screens of my archive of psx games, uploading them as well.

Next and latter would be correcting and adding the right genre's to all games "don't expect any type of finished product... not for a long time" And adding descriptions, if I'm able to come up with a good one.

Any of this sound ok? its mostly because im finishing some projects soon.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Sounds great, would help a lot for the games.

3. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

well, it seems It might be a simple problem with my current project. took a few weeks to find it. "working off and on" it might all be finished soon and then i'll be on the games. Problem is it'll get boring, and the radio uploads are HDD space upload time and i'm getting no feedback on wether the links work, if its even wanted or has even been downloaded.
    but i can work on the games and radio uploads at same time SO yeah.

Edit: ass... now i have to take more.
    a quote with my touches.

[quote author= RomU - add screenshots]

Screenshots are approved before being made public, so no use in uploading raunchy images.

No boxshots please, we want to show gameplay, not box graphics.

Title screens and menu screens won't get approved either, gameplay!

Supported Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, gif and png. "YAY! .png"

The proper dimension for the system are as follows:

GBA: 240x160 "yay! my native res."
    NDS: 256x384
    PSP: 480x272
    PSX/Retro/Sega Saturn/N64: No specific size, for best result please make the aspect ratio 4:3 and keep dimensions reasonable. [/quote]

4. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

currently slowly categorizing the 2600 system's roms.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like quite a project, but we could definitely use some more screenshots for the games.

6. anandjones

Yeah I'm gonna go on a NDS screenshot rage today (hopefully).

7. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i need to configure my xbox controller, simple but needed. to allow snapshots. right now the only buttons that work, while in emulator, are the proper ones for the system being emulated. such as GBA

left trigger, right trigger start select a b. i would need to go in and choose to make the white black y x or thumbstick press into the snap button.

simple need to sit, and play.

8. anandjones

Well, just did a screenshot for NDS ROMS 2508-2556, I think I've done my quota for the day :) Only took about 30-45 minutes, not bad I must say.

9. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

wait till i hit the grind stone. the xbx emulates the gba's seamlessly with no lag that i know of. i'll time myself. ;)

10. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

So you play all games and take a screenshot every now and then? Or are you recording a piece of video?

Btw, if you want to convert images, use a program like irfanview. It can batch convert them.

11. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

LAUGHING MAN!!! its snapshots. and yes batch conversion would be nice. but i probably need to resize as well. so thanks.

now the shots themselves. go to the download section of site and look at a game. it'll probably say "no snapshot" or crap. because we need them. i got gba. and retro.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

imagewalker can batch resize and convert

13. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

ok, uploaded the gba images i had, not as many as i was hoping but more coming soon.

what is the point increase per image? because my points keep jumping and don't got much to do with them till more psx rpg's are uploaded.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

5 per approved screenshot, but you don't get them until they're approved, so thats why you're getting them in batches.

15. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i'm uploading in batches. ;) its ok i was mainly asking why it was raising so much. i did notice in advance wars 2 for gba, the provided screens don't show much action, i have better. i deleted them off my pc because it wasn't worth making you all remove or what not. and for example, if i upload 500 images in a night, i'll get 2500 points? "in total as you approve them"

16. anandjones

Yes 500 times 5 is 2500 :)

17. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i mean't, theres no cap? max amount? thats cool. ::)

18. anandjones

Nope, infact it's a good thing you upload screenshots to games. So they don't limit you :)

19. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i know its a good thing... thats why i'm spending my time doing it. plus your're all nice to me. anyway back on topic. more games coming soon.