1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A new topic about the R4DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by timmy1991, Jul 1, 2009.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I don't see what everyone's issue is with the R4. I have had mine for about 6 months now and have never had an issue with it. And what about he whole homebrew compatibility thing? All of the homebrew I have tested work just fine on my R4 (V1.18). I don't care if there won't be any new firmware, the last release seems to work flawlessly. Ok, end rant, for now.... feel free to reply

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

You've had a lucky run. Eventually a new DS game that you really want will get released and you'll be screaming all over the forums here asking for help on how to get a game working :p

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The R4 guys have stopped working apparently, thus a whole slew of fakes have come out, some good, some bad...

Which is a risk to your ds's health if you buy the wrong one...

Which is why we point out the ones that haven't fakes yet XD

Though I must admit, I thought the R4 brand was the god of carts, since that's all people talked about years back...not now though since it may be a fake-and a risk :(

5. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Same as me.I had never update my firmware after v.1.18.And no problem appear.Most likely I never do the Arm7 thing.:p

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's why I have 1 of each ds for use-to prevent firmware upgrades being a pain, to enjoy gba slot usage, and to shut my brother up XD

Yep from first to last...but only 1 flash card, brother never wants to let go, so I caved in...thus my hacking of psp software began...opps off topic XD

7. shawn24262002

shawn24262002 New Member

I agree have used the original R4 DS for awhile with no issues.

Alot of people complain of lack of firmware updates but I just stumbled accross this website http://www.r4li.com/download/r4.html
    which offer's new updated firmware for original R4's from what I can gather this is not "the official R4team" but the software is being made for the original R4 cards.

From personal experience with this software it is a bit buggy but the game compatibillity is much better...lot's of the games that required ARM 7 fixes and cheat codes work with this firmware with out those extra motions even the star wars game that no one could get to work now works. If this is all old news I do apologise but it may help a few R4 user's. Make sure to download the "r4" softwar on the site and not the "r4i"

8. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

I never had issues with R4DS

9. riiperotc

riiperotc Guest

i have a r4 as well i loved it alot but since i have the dsi now i am just going to have to get one that works with the dsi. question... what happens if nintendo do system updates that would stop all working dsi carts like ackard 2i or something like that?

10. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

I have a clone R4 called the R4-pro, It's actually pretty good for the price.

BUT! I lost all my save files the other day! It was my fault...not my precious flash-cards... :I

11. TheGimp

TheGimp New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or of topic but can anyone tell me if the R4ultra works on the DSi? I've been thinking about trading in my DS for a DSi but i want to make sure my R4 will work or not on the DSi first. Will i need new woftware for the R4 and if so where can i safely get it?

12. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

If the name of the flashcart doesn't end with "i", then it won't work with the DSi.

13. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I love my r4, 100% worked so far (some games needed the patch of course). But recently I got some mechanical issues, I think the SD card had plugged out/in too much. I blame Romulation for all the constant speedy good roms update =)

14. anandjones

diskjocki; meh, it's just a trend to do so, such as adding "DS" to the end of a Homebrew Title. Nonetheless, the R4Ultra doesn't work on the DSi (according to their site).

15. diskjocki

Really? Thanks for letting me know that.

16. thekashmiriking

thekashmiriking Well-Known Member

yeh ive got an N5...which is the same as R4...i think...and that works fine apart from with GTA:China Wars...but im none too fussed...

but just a quick question can someone tell me how i can get snes roms working on my DS using my N5...??

cheers

17. diskjocki

Use Lameboy (I think that's what it's called.)

18. anandjones

Use an emulator, like SnemulDS. ^Lameboy is for GB/GBC.

19. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

SnemulDS v0.6 works fine in my R4, though it still have so many issues.

It's a shame how a SNES screen resolution (256x224) won't ever fit into a DS (256x192). I wonder how they'll work it out.

20. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

Okay, that worries me. I just got an Acekard 2i cart and have yet to actually use it. I don't suppose it would damage my DS?