1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A lot of games freezing mid-game on R4i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lijon, Jun 8, 2010.

1. lijon

lijon Member

the official web is www.r4ids.com
    I got the latest firmware, but every game I try to play either loads and freezes in the middle or (load and not load at times).
    I've tried back up and formatting. The game would freeze in the middle so I tried formatting again, then the game just refuses to load anymore.
    the titles include: tokimeki girl's side, the world ends with you (both U and E), devil's survivor
    Is there a solution to this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. shashimii

shashimii Well-Known Member

i think, you need to patch them?

3. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

That's a cheap flashcart, you have to patch most of the games or use YSMenu.. Search threads on how to setup it on your R4i.

About TWEWY.. It crashes during the intro video, right? It's a common problem: flashcart are slower than original game carts and that video is big (for a NDS), so the exchane between the hardwares is too slow and it causes a freeze. The solution is easy: while the video plays you have to literally close and reopen your ds several times (once every 3-4 seconds). Doing this put your ds in standby mode, nothing is shown on screens but datas are still transferred to the ds' cpu. This is what I read on this board.

4. lijon

lijon Member

YSmenu is not working for the r4i. I get stuck on the loading screen.
    How do I patch for games? =x