1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A little help with Wood R4?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Magi Kavin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Magi Kavin

Magi Kavin Member

I received a hand-me-down R4 quite some time ago, and I've managed to make it work for me the way I wanted to. Still, I know there's lots more games that I could be playing that I'm missing out on that I can't seem to get to work on what I already have, so I decided to upgrade to Wood R4 for firmware, so I could start trying to play these games I've been missing out on. Unfortunately, I seem to be having issues getting the games to play. I've followed the setup instructions to the last letter. I'm fairly certain that the R4 card I have is a legitimate version and not a clone since it fits all the offered (not that there were many) signs that it's a legitimate card. So, I downloaded the Wood R4 for legitimate cards, the most recent version (v1.36) and installed it. Luckily, I saved the crucial files I needed to revert back to the old firmware so I can at least do something with it.

Anyway, anytime I try to load up roms, even ones I know worked on the old firmware, I instead get a white screen on both screens. All I can hope is that there's something that I haven't somehow overlooked, but it honestly seemed really simple and difficult to screw up. So, any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Okay. I did a little more research and it seems that I don't have a legitimate R4. I'm not even sure what it is. I'm just tempted to buy a whole new one.

2. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Yeah, just buy a new one. Slickgate.com is selling the 1:1 clone R4 for only $2 bucks.