1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A little help. (Girls. ahaha.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterofXD, Mar 28, 2012.

1. MasterofXD

MasterofXD Well-Known Member

alright so I've asked my friends, various other forums, etc and want a few more opinions before I do anything.

So I started to develop a crush on my childhood best friend (we've been friends for 6 years, I'am 16 atm.) and I'am a bit on the line about this. I want to ask her out, but at the same time I can't. Why? Well if I do ask her out, I risk losing the friendship and making everything awkward. High school relationships almost never work apparently, haha. ON the other hand, if I wait, I risk losing her to another guy, which is pretty damn bad too. I planned on just waiting a few more years (18) then go for it if I still have feelings, but whatever I do and tell myself, "wait, wait, wait! Don't lose her.." My crush just kinda takes over and makes me want to ask her out, to be my girl. See, I have various crushes on other girls, but whenever I think of spending precious time hugging someone, telling my feelings, sitting in the sunset on a roof, a love song on the radio, she's always the first one I think of. She means so much.. I don't know what to do. It feels like a miniature war inside me. Opinions please?.. Thanks.

Oh btw, I asked my friend in university (good friend for advice) and he laughed and said he was in my exact position. He tells me to go for it, since he hated watching his girl go with another man while he was supposed to be there. "In my opinion and expierience, it's better to go for it, instead of having feeling that excrutiating pain of knowing you could have done something, You can always try to fix the friendship, but you can't ignore the pain."

2. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Get out of the friendzone and tell her.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Go for it.
    Your friend is right. You can fix a friendship but trying to get her after another man guy has got her = big problem.

Stick with your instincts. If it goes wrong, bad luck. Do what you can to improve your friendship.
    If it goes well, then congratulations.

You have known her since childhood you say. Most likely she has a feeling for you. Maybe not a strong one, but it is definitely inside her somewhere.

Good luck.

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Can't say this is a good example and I don't know the exact specifics of his case but my friend when he was 17 asked a girl out. 3 years later and they're still together. So yeah, MOST high school relationships never work but there will be exceptions. Take a chance. You just might be one of the few who can make it through.

Also, the dude's girlfriend was recently accepted into a modelling agency. lucky bastard.

5. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Dude, most friendships don't even last past high school.
    Just go for it, mang.

6. MasterofXD

MasterofXD Well-Known Member

Alright thanks guys ;3