1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A good PS emulator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cheoksoon, Dec 9, 2008.

1. cheoksoon

cheoksoon Member

Hello all,

does anybody know of a good PS emulator which is stable? I'm hoping to get some good recommendations. :)

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

epsxe 1.7 is as good as you can get, but it isn't 100% perfect.

3. cheoksoon

cheoksoon Member

Can you forward me a link to the website where I can download it? :) Does it require a lot of pluggins as well?

4. ultra

ultra Guest

none of them are 100 percent excellent but there are those that are very good. i always end up having sound troubles. the sound is staticky, choppy, etc... or the video is having some problems.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Use the "search" function to locate an old thread that has a link where you can get epsxe 1.7. As for the plug-ins, look inside "Technical help" section.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://www.epsxe.com/

7. cheoksoon

cheoksoon Member

Can I take snapshots with epsxe? :)

8. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

The best emulator (by compatibility and graphics) would be epsxe (great graphics control but can be glitchy due to its unnatural video enhancements) and the psx emulator (emulates the psx down to its pixelated graphics thus great compatibility). Depending on what video plug-in you are using I think its the F12 key or you could always use the ol' reliable print screen button.

9. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

yep EPSXE!
    and if you guys using the pete plugin version 2 or up...
    you can add some funky shader to your game...cool!
    there is lots of em.....try em..its fun ;)

10. darkztk

darkztk New Member

ePSXe 1.7. The best emulator for this console in my opinio. Pete's Plugin make graphics almost reach to PSX.