1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A Good NDS RPG Game?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bobafett1136, Dec 22, 2009.

1. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I've been playing and downloading a few DS Roms recently on my R4 and I really am starting to appreciate the DS's features and gameplay much more now. It is in all honesty a pretty powerful handheld console.

I have been wondering if there are any good RPG's that might interest me, if you do know any, please reply on this thread. :)

Games I Enjoy: Pokemon Series (10/10), Professor Layton Series (9/10) and Ace Attorney Series (9/10)..

I also like Kirby, Mario and a lot of other Nintendo/ Sega classics.

Thanks,

Boba

2. N3o3k7

N3o3k7 Well-Known Member

well if your looking for rpgs anything square enix makes are a good choose final fantasy 3,4 dragon quest 4,5 chrono trigger, ' ... of mana' series kingdom hearts 356/2 these are all good games you could also try the 2 zelda games

3. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    The World Ends With You
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2
    Dragon Quest V

4. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

One RPG I enjoyed was super robot taisen OG saga. bowser's inside story is pretty good too.

5. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

Luminous Arc 1 and 2 are recommended.
    The World Ends With You, and all the Square Enix Titles are a must-have for DS players.

6. GoldenTalesGeek

GoldenTalesGeek Well-Known Member

If you're looking for an RPG that's a bit different from the norm, I recommend "Contact". If you've played "EarthBound" for the SNES, it's got a pretty similar vibe to it. I also highly recommend "Magical Starsign" for the same reason in that it's also a bit different from the norm. It's kinda cutesy and cartoonish, but the touch screen controls really make it a fun and interesting game. If you want to play an RPG that feels decidedly old-school, I recommend "Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled".

7. bobafett1136

WOW! Thanks for all the replies guys.

I just finished playing Chrono Trigger , and to be honest it's REALLY hard to follow. When you're in the future you have no sense of where your going or what to do, it gets pretty annoying after a while. ;) Square Enix's games are just way off the point for me you have to waste hours and hours finding where to go and what to do and by the time you figure it out your already dead bored of the game. I will try 'Contact', 'Luminous Arc', 'super robot taisen' qnd 'Dragon Quest V'.

By the way, out of the two zelda games, which one do you recommend I play? Are they related in any way?

Thanks tons,

Boba

8. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

You should really try that one, that's the best game I ever played!

9. bobafett1136

Would you mind telling me what the game is about and where it's set. Future, present and past.. ETC.
    Post Merge: [time]1261673298[/time]
    'The World Ends With You' is pretty good but pretty weird at the same time, all the information is loaded on you without any tutorials on actually how to play, but it seems pretty cool so far.

10. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

Play the first Zelda game. It's good for me.

Still, If you're playing Luminous Arc. Go to world Map and press start, go to options and change the settings to no stylus. You'll appreciate me for that.

11. MyAwesomeEgo

MyAwesomeEgo Member

Both zelda games are awesome, i mean, a bad zelda game? come on! Thats impossible! unless your talking about those philips ones...

12. bobafett1136

Is Final Fantasy any good?

13. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It depends on what you like. I myself hate FF IV. It's tiring, boring and I can't belive I bought it (it was before I got a flashcard) :p

14. bobafett1136

So which FF would you recommend cause I'm not the super RPG type of guy. I only like RPG's if they have mixed content.
    Not the constant.. -potion-attack-guard-attack-attack-attack-You Have Received 1 Exp Point.. :-\..

15. Shadow Chaos

Shadow Chaos Member

That means FF III and IV aren't your type, Chocobo tales are a little kiddy imo and I didn't really like the platform FF's (EoT and CC) they only were good to play with in multiplayer, go and try A2 tactics and Revenant Wings, great games imo, oh and, try Disgaea, a game that needs tactics and has humor in it if you toggle the Prinny commentary cheat on (still funny without his comments :p) you could also try Etrian Odyssey but you just told you don't really like those type of games... but if you don't like the easy ones then yes, you should try this as this is a pretty hard game and you have to draw your own map for it, good luck choosing a game :D

Note: if you like pokemon you should try this: http://www.byond.com/games/Valen45/PokemonOrigins?invite=RedBloodZX

P.S.: if you want, Yu-gi-oh 5ds stardust accelrator is also pretty good ;)

16. kennethdg

kennethdg New Member

I'd suggest Nostalgia, it's a pretty decent-to-pretty good game.

If you want to play a Final Fantasy but don't like console style gameplay, the main final fantasy series is not for you... might I suggest RTSRPG's like final fantasy revenant wings, or action RPG's in the vein of FF Crystal Chronicles.

Final fantasy tactics 2 is kinda attack guard magic turn-based fiasco, but the positioning of the characters and area based attacks provide strategy which may very well be a gameplay relevant RPG "Extra" for your liking or unliking.

btw shadow chaos, EoT is part of the CC series. Did you mean EoT and RoF? Not trying to be a know it all... sorry

Has anyone mentioned puzzle quest and PQ Galactrix yet?

Ummm... I'm pretty sure Away Shuffle dungeon is considered an RPG too...

Oh, I cant believe no one mentioned SUIKODEN yet!!!

17. sandman-858

sandman-858 Guest

is suikoden good, i think i played it and i hated the voice acting :eek:

18. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Well,
    Suikoden Tierkries is one of the best RPG games for NDS.
    The voice acting also pretty good for me.

As for FF,
    FFIV is slightly better than FFIII.
    As more function has been added.

19. cheeseroll

cheeseroll Member

The World Ends With You
    Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story
    Chrono Trigger
    FF4
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
    Phantasy Star Zero

20. agunimon45

agunimon45 Active Member

Well, I never said the second Zelda was bad. It's good too. I just like the first one more, that's all.