1. This forum is in read-only mode.

a game that romulation doesnt have.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Walter47, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Walter47

Walter47 New Member

There is no download for Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise on DS.
    Would anyone mind putting it up?
    Cheers!!!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no we got threatened with a lawsuit when we had it.

3. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

lawsuit?

Just wondering, love this site by the way, how often does our beloved site get threatened like that? Is it only over certain titles? Or what issues come into play. I visited Romnation when Romulation was having down time, and their site is chalk full of messages like, "Due to some committee we can't host Metroid or Zelda roms." I forget the committees abbrev something like ES something or other....

4. Loonylion

ESA, We got shut down by them once, but after taking legal advice we determined that their threat would not stand up in court so we disregarded it. They haven't actually bothered us since, although some publishers have requested that we do not host certain games (i.e the sims) and microsoft was one of them, although considerably less than polite. unlike EA (the sims), microsoft won't even let us have a page for screenshots/comments about their game.

5. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Well, Microsoft is only hurting itself, I won't buy a game unless I try it out first, so they're out of luck. To not let my favorite site even do a review or have screen shots up? They might as well send me a letter begging me and my friends to boycott their game.

6. XxNanochixX

XxNanochixX Member

So some companys actually aloow you to create Nds roms ? Sorry but im just confused right now >_<

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

They don't "allow" it. Just some don't care enough to be bothered to ask you to stop. Or possibly they don't know.

It's like when you are speeding down the highway, maybe doing about 65 MPH in a 55 MPH limit road. Just because the police don't see you, don't pull you over, or maybe are busy doing other stuff and can't be bothered, doesn't mean that they think it's OK for you to speed :)

Also, the creation of the ROM isn't the problem, it's the distribution. You could make your own dumps from your own games using a Slot 1 and Slot 2 device (it's very easy, actually). That would be perfectly fine. But you cannot distribute them.

8. AdrianMorales

AdrianMorales Active Member

Fortunately, romulation has this section dedicated to affiliates. And these affiliates actually don’t mind posting NDS games from M$ or any other company for that matter.

PS: But what about SimAnimals?!? You posted that one:)

9. Loonylion

we have all the non-hosted games in the trading station anyway. SimAnimals was an exception, though I don't know on what grounds.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We don't remove them based on who owns the copyright, we remove them based on the emails we get that says remove or lawsuit.