1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A Friendly Reminder: Don't attempt to hug the panda, please.

Discussion in 'General News' started by jabanana, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabanana

jabanana New Member

I was checking my mail when I something caught my eye. ^^; Just thought I'd share it here.

--------

[size=10pt]Panda bites student who just wanted a hug
    [/size]Student shocked when fuzzy creature rejects his advances at Chinese zoo
    The Associated Press
    updated 10:52 a.m. ET, Sat., Nov. 22, 2008

BEIJING - A college student in southern China just needed a hug, but he probably shouldn't have picked a panda for his warm and fuzzy moment.

Instead of a hug, the panda bit the student after he broke into the animal's zoo enclosure.

A park employee said the student was visiting the zoo with classmates when he jumped the 6.5-foot-high fence around the panda's habitat.

The park was virtually deserted at the time.

The employee said the student was bitten in the arms and legs by the panda, named Yang Yang. Two foreign visitors who saw the attack ran to get help.

The official Xinhua News Agency reports the hospitalized student later said the panda was so cute and cuddly he never expected to be bitten.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27855970?GT1=43001

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2008 MSNBC.com

2. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

Stupid student.

I love the way you completely ignored the copyright. I find that utterly amusing. :D

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Haha, copyright....

But that must've been worth it, it's not everyday you can hug an endangered species.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I've hugged a leopard :)

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow, i have no idea people can have THAT level of stupidity.....

talk about hugging, i hug an own and an eagle before, maybe hug isnt the right word since all i do is rub my face on those bird when they rest on my hand.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

lol XD Albert Einstein, nice theory...wait, maybe its isnt a theory anymore

8. marcy

marcy Guest

9. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I can imagine the panda saying "I'm sorry... I'm not GAY!".

However it wouldn't be surprising if Seph tried to hug a polar bear.

10. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

Now that is just plain mean! That's not even average!(Bad math joke!) But seriously! If you've ever watched a Threat Down on Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" you would know how cute yet evil bears can be!(another joke as Stephen often puts a video of a baby bear being all cute n' stuff, after his threat down article, then yelling at "Jimmy" to take the image down after saying"awww, isn't he cute!") Yes, some people can be that stupid, but I highly doubt most people on this forum would hug a Polar Bear. As they would probably be too busy trying to run away with soiled pants at 40-100 metres away depending on the terrain!

11. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

What the **heck**, the zoo should do something to keep kids out of there! Like put up a fence and some sort of violent deterrent on the other side!

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

They did put a violent deterrent on the other side.

Its called a bear.

13. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

What more of a deterrent does one need? Anyone that has seen the Colbert Report knows that bears are on the threat down list.

14. Hyza

Hyza Active Member

Wow. I guess it didn't turn out to be so cuddly after all! :O

15. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I'd always knew pandas were too cute to be the angels that they appear to be. The student was an idiot to think that panda bears are not bears.

16. gary1068

gary1068 Guest

all i can say is this people are stupid at imes and there is nothing we can do.
    to qoute Girogex "I can imagine the panda saying "i'm sorry...i'm not GAY"" practice of Homosexual sex in some animal speicies has been proven by some of the world's greatest naturalists.

17. geffo

geffo Active Member

hahaa man down

18. bleh_asura

bleh_asura Well-Known Member

this student is so stupid even he is a college student XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.