1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A curious question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usernameladiesman217, Sep 4, 2010.

1. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

(This is regarding cars but everyones input is useful)

Most of us can tell if a car is fast or not just by looking at it. I mean it's always been like that. Just by looking at a car that's aerodynamic and sportily shaped we can tell it's fast.

However (and I'm broadening the spectrum here a bit) because of fuel etc. newer cars are utilizing smaller engines such as 1.4-2.0L as apposed to cars from a few years back. Nowadays only rather expensive cars go above 3.0L. (Or at least so I assume)

What my broadened question is, is since it makes more sense to buy an attractive car that's cheap on gas, why are only fast cars "attractive".

For example:

[​IMG]

The Corvette C6. Expensive car. Expensive interior, engine, features etc.
    However it's beautiful and fast.

So why don't they just make a Corvette with the body of the above and remove some special features (a/c, power steering, electric windows) and insert a smaller engine which is cheaper to mass produce. I'm sure that would shave quite a bit off of the price and you'd still have a very nice looking car.

I mean I'd buy it if that car was slow. It looks amazing.

Then again if what I'm saying is retarded I apologize.

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Average americans don't have small penises.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try european cars, they have smaller engines than american cars and are usually faster. They also get far better MPG.

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

yay ;D

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

corvettes are actually very very ugly. small cars such as the new fiesta and the fiat 500 are much better looking. however the jag e-type still is and will forever remain the most beautiful.

6. usernameladiesman217

Yeah I guess... I just thought it would be cool if they made a cheap really good looking car.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

By making a cheaper car that looks exactly the same, they would be diminishing the value of the full product.

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i personally don't know what the big deal is with fast cars.............
    why buy them, if you can't drive them to their true potential.....
    (unless your inn some Tokyo drift or something...........or doing something illegal.......)
    don't judge............. but i find Audi's to be attractive........and they're not that fast

9. usernameladiesman217

I believe this to be true. If Corvette's were cheap everyone would buy them.

And people tend to wanna stand out from the crowd when it comes to cars. So not everyone wants to drive the same thing.

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I wish someone would make a cheap good looking slow car so I wouldn't have to look at vauxhall novas with bodykits and huge exhausts.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Are they still selling those Car Kits? Like build your own car? What car companies should be doing now is a custom car. Like they will ask you to draw a car and the companies will try and make a real car out of it...

If that is the future, i think there will be more creative car out there. Here in my country, damn, when the Toyota revo was out, all other cars seems to look like it... Its like an article in Times magazine showing a picture of black cars produced in china... there were like thousands or millions of it, but its the same car...

12. miros

miros Well-Known Member

The reason high performance cars are expensive is for cost of production. Production includes all of the processes of development, testing, and construction of the cars. I could copy/paste a list of high quality parts from a maintenance book so you could see their extreme cost, however you know already that ceramic breaks or titanium exhausts are super expensive primarily because the cost of production is so high. No car company will try to bridge the gap for a market that wants kick ass looks for suck ass performance. The closest one could get to that would be to purchase a kit car, and buy reasonably nice parts and just have a killer paint job on a sweet looking fiberglass body. Best of luck,
    miros

13. usernameladiesman217

The latest trend here in South Africa is to buy a Golf (The old shape) and make it as loud as you can.

Seriously, most of them don't even use their hooters. If they wanna attract attention they just rev their engines.
    And it's not even a nice roar. It's a high pitched "gwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats an old trend.

15. usernameladiesman217

Yeah but it was never really big in South Africa. My dad gets a lot of (cheap) offers for his golf.