1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A couple of GREAT suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Usoppu, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i can't believe i've sucumbed to this  :-\ but maybe you could add a captcha to the site comments to help put people off posting just for the hell of it

...... and on a lighter note how about locking threads like this, its more fun  ;D

[​IMG]

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We will not actively try to discourage commenting...

3. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i wouldn't of thought i would for the people posting somthing meaningful, but i suppose it might...

captcha do suck

4. XxNanochixX

XxNanochixX Member

Whats a captcha ????

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

"Captcha" is that annoying little "Picture with letters/numbers" that you need to enter into a box. Many places use them for registration, search, etc. It's supposed to be so it proves that a human is filling it out and not a computer.

Unfortunately computers have pixel recognition, which allows them to read easy to read letters, so the more "secure" Captchas are filled with stray pixels, overlapping letters, hard to read numbers, etc.

So either you have a VERY annoying captcha that is somewhat maybe secure, but so hard to read that some times letters and numbers cannot be made out even by humans and you get humans failing the captcha. Or you have an easy to read captcha, which is not as annoying, but defeats the purpose of a captcha, and computers can read them as well.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

or you use recaptch, that makes you identify words that computers can't read, or answer a maths problem.

7. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I still suggest having a solve this equation as a captch code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.