1. This forum is in read-only mode.

A Complete Translation of Pokemon HG and SS was completed

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by naruto6768, Dec 9, 2009.

1. naruto6768

naruto6768 Well-Known Member

Omg i almost cried when i read this.... It made me soo happy

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195452&st=0

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

hm.....i'm still going to wait for the U release. i like my roms officially translated.

3. frekka

frekka New Member

good or bad?

4. naruto6768

naruto6768 Well-Known Member

5. JynxJester

JynxJester Well-Known Member

Well, it's a little late... all we have to do is wait until next month now.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

NOT agreed, it's gonna take longer for the U to be released..let alone the E which I'm waiting for :(

www.gamefaqs.com

Gee the official dates here.

7. Light_Of_Darkness

Light_Of_Darkness Well-Known Member

i would rather use the official translations, since nintendo is supposed to know the story more intricately then someone whos played through it.

pretty late too, its coming out next month/year XD
    anyway the patch might screw something up.

8. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

There's still no proof that this translation is even real. In fact I highly doubt it's even real.

I'll be waiting for the (U) release and then transfer the save from it to my legit (E) release when it's released. (I've previously done this with Platinum).

9. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, that person didnt give a link to it.

10. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's saying he will release it on christmas, which makes it more fishy

11. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Given Nintendo's history of altering translations to make them more 'kid-friendly', I wouldn't automatically prefer the official release.

Seeing as I don't play Pokemon though, I don't care too much about this release at all. lol

12. sexywogboy

He's better off saying he'll release it on April 1st :p

13. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

Actually Raysie, the creator of the "patch" has just posted the XML for download, all that needs to be done is the creation of the actual patch itself, which I dont know how to do as of yet, but it is quite real.

14. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

Although this may be slightly selfish, could someone host this patch locally to a non-filesharing server? I can't access those sites... :'( I would LOVE this patch.

15. sylar1000

Not a patch right now, it's just an xml, someone has to edit it into a patch or something, i'm pretty sure it takes a lot of work.

16. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

LOL, I hope you won't abandon this project like this one you've claimed to start...

^ This. I believe it's the same person who've started the thread in GBAtemp... ::)

Good luck! :D

17. sexywogboy

Have you actually read anything that has been said in that thread? The creator of the patch siply made a messy Google Translate that is close to useless into making a patch for it. LOL

How am I not surprised that this was too good to be true? LOL

18. sylar1000

Because it's only been a few months since it came out. Plus the dude said he didn't know how to make it into a patch, then said he would release it christmas.

19. sexywogboy

He has absloulty no experience with what he's doing. He's an attention seeker that has made countless threads for a number saying he's going to make a translate. But guess what? Still no translates.

This guy is just trying to get some attention and views. Quite an embarressment to the people that actually put effort into their hack. A google translate is useless and anyone can do it. I'd rather play the game in Japanese then read complete rubbish.

20. sylar1000

Pretty much. Now everyone see's him for what he is