1. This forum is in read-only mode.

999 Wont load anymore

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by p_wba, Sep 2, 2011.

1. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

hi everyone,I was playing 999 this morning, and all of a sudden it freezes (which has occasionally happened in the past) but when i turned it on again it wont load (did this several time), all other games will load except 999 since freezing, so what does this mean?

DS lite Ace kard 2.1 with akaio 1.8.6

and if the problem is that the .sav file is corrupted (which i don't see why it would since i wasn't using cheats at anytime) is there a way to fix it? thanks in advance.

update: OK I just got done putting a second 999 on my ak and that didn't load either, so that means my sav is still good right?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Well.... try removing it (the 999 save file) from the SD Micro, place it in your computer or somewhere else temporarily. Then try again to load the game so that it can create a new save file. If it work, then that means the original save file is corrupted. If that is the case then you'll have to play from the start. Sometimes save files get corrupted especially if after playing the game, you decide to shut off without first saving the progress.

Since you had tried replacing the game rom with a fresh copy, and that didn't work (based on your other post in flashcart section for the same issue). Its most likely the save file could be corrupted. But it could also mean you may have bump into an AP issue. And for your info the latest AKAIO for Acekard2i is v.1.8.8. Here's the link : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0

I understand your frustration and fear if it really turn out to be the save file corrupted. I had such issue before when playing DQ V. Played for hours/days and was already near completing it, then it got corrupted while trying to save the progress. Makes me too frustrated to re-start playing all over again. And I never use cheat codes, such shit can happen even on official carts, that why its often suggested to always back up not only your rom and firmwares, but also the save files as well.

3. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

999 wont load period. updated firmware, formatted sd, fresh save. the nine yards.
    it doesnt make sense at all.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

In which country is your SD made? Mine is made in Tiawan and that means it is a cheap copy of the real thing which causes Bookworm (U) not to work

5. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

Well i took one last effort last night and messed with the rom settings, it was a success!
    I disable DS DL play and AP bypass, and now it works with my original sav completely intact.
    i still want to know what the hell happened though...

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

My guess is maybe because the AKAIO had already contain AP fix for the game, and since likely you're playing via AKAIO, by also activating the Acekard2i's AP Bypass as well causes confilct with the AKAIO's AP Fix. Thus causes the random error/issue.

7. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

thank you for the satisfying explanation.