1. This forum is in read-only mode.

999 broke my dstt :(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shadow 26, Jan 5, 2011.

1. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

as the topic says, 999 ( nine hours, nine persons, nine doors ) broke my flashcart :'(
    ( specifically my dstt ) before it froze sometimes when I was playing the game, when I enter door 6 it start freezing more constantly but I manage to get out of there and on to the cargo room, I solve the magic box puzzle but when Santa was explaining the second puzzle my game froze and now every time I start my dstt it freezes on the loading screen. I'm posting this to warn you about this game and also ask for help, if anyone knows how to get my dstt back I would be really grateful to hear it

Thank you and be careful

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

first backup all info from your micro sd card, then format that said card with panasonic formatter (full format)

then put just the firmware back on the card to test to see if you can load back into the card menu

3. shadow 26

ok I'll try ty

4. Devilkid32176

no problem, im bouncing around right now doing stuff ^__^

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

The smart thing would be to format the card. I highly doubt it that the game broke your cart

6. shadow 26

nothing happened, which format should I use?

7. lewis9191

What do you mean, nothing happened. Don't know the link but panasonic sd format (I think).also make sure your files are backed up
    Also It might be that your save is corrupted on 999 since that what was causing freezing from the A.P.

Edit: I notice your using DSTT does this mean you are using retros YSMENU 6.44 since I know that when you download them it comes with the formatter.

8. shadow 26

nope, I have format it, erased my old 999 save file and nothing happened, I still have my hopes up though so anyway, if anybody comes with another idea please let me know

9. lewis9191

what so your ds freezes when it starts up any game or the firmware?

10. Devilkid32176

thats what i cant figure, after formatting the card it should have resolved the issue with it >__>

11. shadow 26

the firmware I mean, It doesn't even let me see the menu

12. Devilkid32176

does it give you an error message, or the weird lines still?

13. shadow 26

sometimes the error message pops up, but most of the times it just freezes

14. lewis9191

I know this is really obvious but you tried replacing the firmware

15. Devilkid32176

hey shadow, off the wall question but have you ever check your dstt for it being fake??? cause if you have been running the real firmware the fake dstt, that would have killed it >__<

16. shadow 26

I didnt because I dont want to go to my last firmware but, I guess if there is no option...

and no, it's not a fake, I know

17. Devilkid32176

ok

could you test the DSTT YSMenu & TTMenu downloads from here to see if they will work with your card

18. shadow 26

where can I get'em

19. Devilkid32176

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

right here :)

they are both there, just try one at a time, also the panasonic formatter comes with them, try that first, before you put the firmware on the card

20. shadow 26

none of them worked, maybe my dstt is just too old, I have had it since 2008 or so, so maybe it was just about time it broke, I don't know what to do, I guess I could buy another micro sd card and see if that works ( I strongly doubt it though ) or maybe its about time I get professional help to fix it, or maybe I should just buy a new flash cart, well, if anybody has another idea please, let me know :(