1. This forum is in read-only mode.

8gb R4 card not showing all games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by v24pig, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v24pig

v24pig Member

i have an 8gb r4 card and it is not showing all the games that i have put on it, a friend is also having the same problems. help please

2. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

R4DS? What type of R4 do you use? (Check the box.) I thought some flashcarts can't support SDcards that are larger than 2GB... Maybe that's why? I dunno... Have you tried putting files in your card no more than 2GB? Does everything show up?

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Directory listings cannot be too big.

Split your files into different folders, like by type of game (RPG, FPS, Adventure, Puzzle). You may have reached the limit of the amount of files that can be shown in a single directory.

4. v24pig

v24pig Member

R4 SDHC the games work on a 2 and 4gb
    Post Merge: [time]1254149640[/time]
    I'm on doing that now TirithRR, i seen that you had posted that on someone elses query, im hoping that its going to work

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

So that's it... Wish it works for you... ;)

I'm jealous of that 8GB MicroSD... :(

6. v24pig

v24pig Member

ie restored most of my games, by doing as u said T. thanks alot, just need to make another folder in a folder
    Post Merge: [time]1254165644[/time]
    ok now ive got problem with the second 8gb r4 (upgrade) ive tried putting games into folders, and it only shows so many games in each folder. im going round the bend. any ideas? im on at the moment downloading the 1.09 version.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Might help to update. How many games in total in the folder/s and how many show?

8. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

Hey I have R4SDHC too with 8GB microSD. Except mine shows all the games but if you put like more than 2GB, it like, it seems to be corrupted inside the R4 since it's just a clone

9. v24pig

v24pig Member

Theres over 100 games spread over 4 folders, and it only shows a total of 40 games.

10. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Well this kind of thing happened with my CycloDS when i first got it and bought a 16gb card to go with it.
    When i separated all of the games into alphabetical order having each folder being 2 letters (A - B , C - D , E - F , etc..) the problem was fixed, and that was with over 220 games.
    Sadly now i'm using my 8gb card because the 16gb one died on me, but i have to do the same thing on it as well.
    Hope this helps in some way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.