1. This forum is in read-only mode.

84th Annual Academy Awards

Discussion in 'General News' started by M.AzaryPika3172, Feb 27, 2012.

1. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Here the winners on Academy Awards after I watch it on Fox Movie premium few hours ago!

Congratulation to THE ARTIST for winning 5 awards including Best Picture!!! :D

Link:-
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/awards-season/full-list-of-84th-academy-award-winners/story-fn4sol8z-1226283001704

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Best Original Song - Bret McKenzie ("Man or Muppet" from The Muppets)

Yessssssssss

3. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

The Artist sucks in my opinion. Just because they decided to do something that was not mainstream, they get an award for something you cannot even hear.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

so by that reckoning none of the charlie chaplin or buster keaton films deserve awards either?

5. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

DIG THIS ONE!!!

man or a muppet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WWWTW1P8rQ

6. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Watched it live :D

until my mum forced me to sleep -.-

7. Mr.PowPow

Mr.PowPow Well-Known Member

I think what he is trying to get at is that this is the age of sound lol
    The charlie chaplin films have had their moment in the sun, do you believe they would get awards now? true they are still loved but be serious.
    Just by doing something that isn't mainstream for the sake of not being mainstream isn't really award worthy.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Except they didn't do it simply for the sake of being different. The movie captures the silent era, making the movie half silent actually makes sense and is not being different for the sake of being different but actually having a point to it.

The movie may not be good but there is a reason for it.

Also Oscars lol.