1. This forum is in read-only mode.

5 year old eating herself to death...

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/850104/girl-5-eating-herself-to-death

...excuse the pic-but it's sad-why must we humans be born with such abnormalities such as a malfunctioning pituitary gland?

...This girl weights more than me-I'm 22 and weigh at 66KG-and while I boast about eating 3 family pizza's or eating 2kg of bolagnaise and wanting more-this poor gal takes the cake...literally :(

Any serious thoughts ?

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Ok she has a disease, but really, what a selfish kid...
    you dont throw rocks at your parents...

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

She is only 5-but my thoughts exactly.

If a kid is hungry-feed them until full-but this one can't stop like the rest of us...

Now, excuse the light hearted (and maybe...insulting) joke-but prehaps snorlax has what she has!

Anyway, back to the sadness-at that age a child has no idea what's going on-all she know's is that she's hungry and will draw attention to get a feed.

(her parents should lock her away from food and rocks until something can be done :( )

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its not long since a girl of a similar age died of starvation in the UK. She was so terrified of dentists that she refused to open her mouth for weeks. She'd been discharged from hospital and when she deteriorated the hospital refused to re-admit her, and when her mum phoned the GP they misunderstood the severity of the situation.

5. crazytuna

Shouldn't the parents just give her to child services?...

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My god-that's dreadful :(

One for one eh-one starves and one overeats...

If only there was a way so both could live-one would eat alot more (open the poor things mouth) and the other eat less....

Eating disorders...I wonder-do animals like dogs and cats have issues like this?

I don't think they have those services there...it's an uderprivilaged country-they can't even go to culcatta to get the operation.

7. crazytuna

which is a sad thing really, in developed countries, we have too many of those kinds of services, but none offers to go under-developed countries

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Money is the reason-if the country had australia's "hand out's" they'd all be rich in welfare payments!

(I was once on it-but got sick of living on 200 a fornight-I can't see how these lazy pricks live off that AND do nothing at the same time :( )

9. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Shit. That's... Fucked. A 5 year old who is obese and eats all the food, she needs medical attention, now o_O

10. crazytuna

but they don't have the money to give her medical attention, that's the problem right there

11. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

I know, that's what makes it even more screwed.
    But I reckon that it's stupid to have to pay for something that is vital (like saving your life or something).

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's money for you-but if you think about it-it's no different to repairing a car...

Someone has to spend some time trying to fix something-now in some countries (those who have it really bad) they get free medical-and food-because they are too remote to get anything-or have money in some cases...

In other words-blame money-with it it causes greed and prevents help from happening-but without it no one would get rewarded fro tier services...

(I do hope some kind doctor flies out to them though-that would be nice :) )

13. crazytuna

And that doctor has to spend money to go over there, and heal her
    everything is money-related these days

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Tis sadly true-but there has been a few cases of that happening-very rare for a doctor, who preforms life saving operations, to do such a thing.

15. crazytuna

Why aren't all the doctors like the ones in Trauma Center?...

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Unrealistic, simple as that...

But seriously-there are 2 conflictions to my wish...

1.They make plenty of money-and some are very kind people.

2.They are sometimes greedy-overworked-or simply soo many people like this one need it, they find it easier to let the people find thier own solutions.

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

kind and caring doctor already extict from the face of earth, now the doctor only care if you can pay or not.... not for your health.

anyway that kindda funny since i read about a brain damage that make you never get hungry again..... and now i'm reading about a girl who never get full.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I watched a show where they altered a mouse's brain so it can eat-regardless if full or not-and to stare to death and actually think it's full.

Though it would have been a hard process...

And your right on the money with the doctors sadly :(

19. crazytuna

wrong!
    my uncle doesn't charge me when I go see him when I'm sick or for checkups

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Uncle-family

Does not count-my dad fixes my car for free-even though he ain't a mechanic-though it's cheaper to see him instead of dishing out $400 on an all day job were he only takes 2 hours to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.