1. This forum is in read-only mode.

5.50 GEN-B

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Renji217, Oct 1, 2009.

?

Did you switch to GEN B??

1. Yes, to play the new games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, Ive always used GEN cfw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, Im still hopeing for a new m33

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I dont use cfw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if I can change my cfw from 5.00 m33 to 5.50 GEN-B. I found out that they made Disgaea and Persona (along with everyother non working game) work. I was also wondering if I can switch back when DarkAlex comes out with a new cfw.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can always switch back using the pandora method.
    I think you can go from 5.00M33 to 5.50 GEN A by just running the update. Then to 5.50 GEN B once you are on GEN A.

Personally I'm just going to wait a bit more, and see if this new decrypter unlocks some more secrets in a few days or so.

3. Renji217

Ya, I just read about haveing to update to 5.50 GEN-A first then GEN-B. Whats the pandora method??

4. TirithRR

Using the Pandora Battery to install custom firmware on your PSP. Referred to as a "TOOL" Battery.

Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick.

5. Renji217

I have to do that again if I want to swich back to m33?? Why cant they be interchangeable??

6. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

mainly the reason ihavent upgraded yet. i dont have pandora battery. lucky for me my cousin never played and gave it to me on firmware 2.0 ;D im happy that i got lcs cheat device for 5.00 and 5.50. pm me if u want it

7. TirithRR

I guess if you have GEN B2, you can run Hellcat's Recovery homebrew.

But personally I think it's easier just to use the Pandora Battery, takes just a couple minutes and you don't have to screw around with programs or anything.

8. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

but i heard it makes your battery inoperable if you turn it into a pandora. i dont own one so i dont have much exerience with them. there may be patched versions of the game out there like soul calibur

9. Renji217

Thanks for the advice!! I think Ill wate for Dark Alex to come out with a new cfw like everyone else....

10. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

I switched from M33-6 to 5.50 Gen-B and I really didn't notice much besides the newer games working.

11. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

ICE-X. was there anything different with the background? as you may be aware sony changed the waves on the psp's background. onthe ps3 it now has little particles (like stars) floating around the background. i was wondering if it was on the newer psp firmwares

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yeah, it's a different default theme, with the one you just described.

13. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

thats enough to make me upgrade. i'm gonna do it now.

14. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

I don't think the new background is in the 5.50. The Gen team is working on the 6.00 right now though, so that probably has it.

Edit: My 5.50 has the waves still.

15. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

oh well. thanks anyway. i wonder how long it will take for them to release 6.00. btw, any known developers/ coders in the GEN team?

16. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Anyway last i heard Dark Alex is not even going to make a 6.00...

But you never know..~

17. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

that sucks. i love Dark_Alex :'( . he was so cool and he gave us all those cfw. but who is this GEN team? They've come out of nowhere. they should've just let DaX do it

18. TirithRR

There are so many rumors, I'm just ignoring them all and waiting to see what happens when the PSP Go comes out.

19. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Anyway...

PSP Firmware Update (v6.10)

PSP update (v6.10) will be available soon. This is a big update for us in preparation for the launch of PSPgo. New PSPgo owners should make sure to download the update to ensure full compatibility with MediaGo and with all PSP titles. Here are some of the key features we’ll be introducing:

SensMe
    Media Go Enhancements
    Tethering

For more information follow link to Sony's Official Blog

Now its going to be even more troublesome...~

20. pk95

pk95 Well-Known Member

Tethering looks good but i agree. Developers will have an extremely hard time hacking and cracking the new firmware. maybe as soon as you connect your psp to media go it bricks it or doesn't let you use it unless you have the latet firmware like the playstation store. Developers may need to find a way to hide our firmware from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.