1. This forum is in read-only mode.

4gb Micro SD card Help please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chicklet, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chicklet

chicklet New Member

Hi everyone.

I hope someone can help. I just bought a new 4gb micro sdhc card to put in my R4. Is there any reason this wouldn't work the same way as my 2gb ones?

I used the same files as my old on and a game from that, just to be sure. All I get is a screen saying 'Loading!'.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you cannot use sdhc with R4's

3. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

the original R4's don't support SDHC cards, which should be any card bigger than 2gb. you'll probably either have to stick with the smaller 2gb cards, or upgrade your R4 to a different card like CycloDS, Acekard, or Edge.

4. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

wel, it may be that the sd is to much for the r4, I mean that once I had a psp and I used a 2gb memory stick and no problem, but when I tried whit a 4gb one it just didn´t work, it freezes all the time and sort of things so I just kept using my 2gb one and it may be happening with you r4

maybe the sd card is just to much for your r4

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Not quite the same thing. The R4 only supports SD, so you can only use up to 2GB. The PSP supports SDHC, and can use up to 32GB cards. Your problem was likely a low class Pro Duo that ended up being too slow to load games properly. This problem with the R4 is that it cannot read SDHC memory cards.

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL Tirith,the card in the dslite is 4gb sdhc and it works fine.

The guy with the PSP most probably had a fake card.If its a proper one,one check is to see if the capacity is 3839mb

7. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

R4's do not support more than 3gb

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No, SDHC*.

9. theunderling

Well Im getting confused.I bought a R4SDHC cart 6 months ago and a 4gbSDHC card.Everything seems to play okay,so can someone explain how this is if a 4gb is not supported by an r4 cart?

10. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever Well-Known Member

I'm using an 8GB on my AK2... so I'd advise you to get an AK via FocalPrice; $10 (when I got it...)

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The original R4, not the R4SDHC.

The original R4 does not support SDHC. The R4 SDHC, which is a clone, does.

12. theunderling

Aha,I can see what its all about Tirith...

13. chicklet

chicklet New Member

Thanks for your input and help everyone. I guess I'll have to get 2gb sd card's.

Can I ask while I'm here. Would you recommend I use something other than the R4 card I already have? Thanks

14. Zaertix

Zaertix Well-Known Member

^

15. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

or M3 Real

16. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

I'd honestly just buy another flashcard. They'll run about the same as a second 2gb SD card, & then you can just stick to one itsy-bitsy SDHC card.

17. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

my friend has orignal r4 and it wrks with 4gb???
    and its real coz he uses 1.18

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.