1. This forum is in read-only mode.

42 all-time classics DSi Acekard2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Beeacon, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

Hi, I'm a regular romulation user and have been using your roms and patching some games that dont work recently, however I have come across one that I can't find any way to solve.

I have a DSi and an Acekard2i with the official firmware, and I'm trying to get 42 all-time classics to work, it keeps freezing when saving, the save file is created but I have to reset the DSi to continue in the game. You have probably seen this problem thousands of times before and I just wondered if you could help me.
    I tried the standard v1.0 and the v1.1 and neither work, I ARM7 patched both and neither worked, and I've read the problems others have had but all were prior to the 1.4 DSi patch... Just wondering if there is a way to sort this? I was stupid enough to update my DSi to 1.4. Though I have a working cart now.

Can I possibly get 42 all-time classics to work on my DSi?

Thanks,
    Beeacon.

PS, I'm EU if that makes any difference. Language English. And I have a pworking patched The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (E) if it would be a good trade off lol :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I suggest you move to AKAIO, the unofficial firmware for the Acekard 2i. It has better compatibility.

AKAIO Firmware:
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AKAIO_v1.5.rar

AKAIO Loaders:
    http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

The loaders are used for increased compatibility, and even make games like Spirit Tracks work without patching required.

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

What AKAIO version are you using again? Are you sure you're using the latest loaders?

Although I haven't heard of an AP on this game so the problem is probably on your card, try to backup everything, format your SDcard, then put everything back in. If that doesn't work, redownload the rom. :)

4. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

Hey, yes I tried using AKAIO before but it made moonshell stop working (easily sorted I found all the software to get that sorted again) The only problem I found is that it wouldn't play any of my games once I put AKAIO 1.5 on, I'll try again but last time it just froze on a white screen whenever I tried to play a game. (though the cart did boot up and work minus playing any games).

Is using AKAIO the only way I'm going to get it to work?

Thanks!
    Post Merge: [time]1260752784[/time]
    Will also re-format my SD card and totally clean it out aswell, got to get this game to work. Using latest everythings :)

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Humm... I'm not actually an Acekard user but based on common issues, using latest AKAIO loaders plus formatting your SDcard should solve your problem. :)

6. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

Lets hope so :) just creating a backup now, got all files ready to transfer over :) fingers crossed!

7. TirithRR

Advanced warning.
    Acekard's official firmware names all the save files as GAME.NDS.SAV
    AKAIO defaults to GAME.SAV

So you will need to rename all your save file (most often the best, since it's the same as the other cards) or change the settings in AKAIO so it uses NDS.SAV as well.

8. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

How will I change the save files? in the DS menu or can I do it from my computer? thanks

9. TirithRR

On your computer, just rename to save files from GAME.NDS.SAV to GAME.SAV

(Game being the name of the game of course).

10. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

Excellent! It works! Thank you ever so much, I have however 1 more question...
    Is it possible for moonshell2 to work with the AKAIO firmware?

Thank you very much ^^

11. TirithRR

I'm sure you can. I don't know how to do it exactly, as I don't have an Acekard2i to test or play with.

But if you download Moonshell 2, put the Moonshell.nds and Moonshell folder on the card, you can probably start Moonshell like you would a game or homebrew.

12. Beeacon

Beeacon Member

Everything works perfectly, thank you very much :)

1) made backup
    2) reformatted card
    3) downloaded AKAIO 1.5 and the ak2loader
    4) put the ak2loader into AKAIO 1.5 as the readme text stated
    5) put games onto the system
    6) downloaded moonshell2 and Moonshell2 Loader for AK2/AK2i V1.5
    7) put onto card aswell, also stuck a DPG movie on to test
    8) all worked perfectly

Nintendo DSi, Acekard2i, AKAIO 1.5

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks works perfectly
    42 All-Time Classics works perfectly

Thanks for all the help :)