1. This forum is in read-only mode.

4.2.1 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Boyav, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

been scouring the internet (read: youtube) and i can't seem to find a jailbreak. could someone tell me if there is one? preferrably untethered. I'm on an ipod touch 3g with (obviously) 4.2.1.

oh, and is this the right place for this? didnt know if i should've put it in computers and modding or here :p

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

I'm sure this should be quite effective. :) I can't use the link for following them because i'm not on twitter, but i hope this helps! ;D

BTW, this is the right section :p

EDIT: maybe this could also help. :)

3. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

thanks for the help, but i've been to both those websites. the first is a demonstration, the second site is for experienced people. im not experienced :p thanks though

4. I K K E

I K K E Well-Known Member

5. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

6. I K K E

Can you help me?

I don't know how to jailbreak 4.2.1.

I have some ideas as shown in the link i send you.

7. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

For my iPod, I used redsn0w, I think. But why wouldn't you update your iDevice to 4.3.3 or whatever it's at right now and JB that?

8. SergeantMajorME

SergeantMajorME Active Member

Jailbreakme.com (go to that site on safari on your iPod)

Enough said ;)

Jailbreaks 4.3-4.3.3, all userland (no pc required).

9. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

Huh, didn't know Jailbreakme was updated.

10. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

An iPhone 3G on any firmware 4.0 and later makes it slower than if it were on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. I've heard plenty of complaints that it is really slow after the upgrade so that's why mine stays on 3.1.2. I have enough jailbroken apps that make it just as functional, if not more than the latest release.

11. SergeantMajorME

SergeantMajorME Active Member

For the iPhone 3G, that's true. They still havn't corrected that. Apart from that, though, iPod 3g/4g, and iPhone above 3GS work great.

And as a correction, 4.3.1 isn't supported for iPod 3G, I have no idea why, on jailbreakme. It is for all other devices.

12. Boyav

Boyav Well-Known Member

But we're talking 4.2.1 jailbreaking here, and yeah, Apple really screwed up with 4.x

13. I K K E

I have 2nd generation and for some reason jailbreakme.com doesn't work for 2nd generation.