1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3rd generation disappointment

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Artifactor, Nov 18, 2008.

?

how disappointed here you going from gold/silver to ruby/sapphire?

1. not at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. somewhat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. disappointed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. very disappointed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Artifactor

Artifactor Member

in my personal opinion they downgraded most of the gameplay mechanisms when they went from gold/silver to ruby/sapphire

Second Generation
    Real Night/Day
    adjustment for daylight savings
    ability to make prints
    16 badges
    2 regions
    radio
    portable clock
    day/night events
    no pokemon abiliies
    no weather

third generation
    no night/day
    no radio
    can't adjust for daylight savings
    8 badges
    weather
    pokemon abilities
    you have to go home to check the in game time

even when you factor the improved graphics and other things in my opinion its still behing gold and silver lucky for my they fixed that problem when they came out with diamond and pearl.

here is the argument for your vote

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

anything after yellow is just milking the cash cow.

3. Artifactor

Artifactor Member

i sorta agree, but you know they have to come out with new storylines and new adventures somehow

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No, they could have thought of another, original game. 12+ years is far too long for a single craze to last.

5. Artifactor

Artifactor Member

true, but the games go along with the anime, but they could have made it without the games, but the games are fun to play and there is a lot to look forward to when platinum releases here in the us

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The day/night clock events were returned in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum also, the Poketch has some interesting functions as well, a calculator, an in game clock always visible & more.

What Nintendo & Game Freaks should do is actually try to restructure the game, I tell you once Digimon Online hits America & the rest of the world, Pokemon will eat the dust, unless they follow suit.

7. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

the loony one and i share opinions on this one

8. 3dd13

3dd13 Well-Known Member

even though loony and artifactor are my buddies, i must say i disagree. pokemon is awsome, and they should come up with a better story line, and make the games loooong!

9. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

i think the point is that they are just milking this one original idea until the word pokemon makes most people cringe. sure these games are probably still good, but it doesnt detract from the underlying fact that god himself cant even count all of the pokemon games that have been created, and the short amounts of time in between these games just blows my mind.