1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ijmar95, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ijmar95

ijmar95 Active Member

Do you think that it is a good idea to buy the 3DS on release?

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm waiting a few years for a proper games library to build up and cheap used models to hit the market.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm not as patient as you but I'm waiting on buying the 3DS until there's actually a great game on it. The launch games are pretty meh and it's such a small library.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Depends on your game preference, if there are games you really want for it and you have the money, why not.

I'll be waiting since i don't have the money, and there is nothing on the release list i want.

5. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Yeah, game line-ups tend to suck, its been like that for years. I think waiting for more games to be released might be a better idea.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm buying it on launch date. I owe just 16$ on it. My XL knocked 100$ off of it.

7. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Well, I'd want a package deal where i get a game I want with the 3DS ~ That'll be loads better imo
    So, since the launch titles are really meh, I'll hafta wait D: My DS lite is dying on me soon too ughh need a good game + 3DS SOON

8. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting until the release of Zelda and Starfox, although the Super Street Fighter 3D sounds interesting

9. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I, for one... Will wait until a new (and hopefully better) model is released.
    By then, there'll be a handful of games to choose from (including BlazBlue CS2), but that's only one positive point.

I mean, come on. Really? 3 hours of battery, 5 at most?
    As a portable gamer at heart, that's just unacceptable.

Luckily, taking GBASP and DSLite as examples and not the DSi, Nintendo's update models tend to be better.

10. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Gonna wait for a price drop. ;)

11. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well this goes to all the flash card holders it might be best to wait about a year or 2 and see if there are going to be flash cards made for the system. i mean i might end up buy a 3ds so i can play kingdom hearts on it and zelda. but othere then that i get the roms

12. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Yeap, but how often do you go on a journey where you don't have anything else to do for more than 3-5hours and you don't have an acces to recharge your 3DS?

Well anyway, I'll wait a year or two till things are safe for pirates on 3DS front again.

But I'm still struggling between NGP and 3DS, the 3DS effect is sweet, but the execution for it is rather lame imo from what I've read.
    And NGP has dual analogs..... say what you wan't but I'd prefer dual analogs over touch screen for shooter games.

13. slapshow

slapshow Member

the only benefit of buying it on launch date is that you can go to your friends and say "i bought mine on launch date and its awesome...and expensive..." other than that,wait for the 3DS Lite

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nintendo said that they probably won't make a "3DS Lite" due to the fact that they crammed all of the technology into the smallest possible shape.

15. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Perhaps they're gonna jump ahead to 3DS XL (or whatever the hell it's going to be called).
    Like Ravte mentioned, the 3DS's 'execution' is rather poor. Could use LOTS of improvements (as in I demand more and such...).

16. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Only reason I am not buying is money :/

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That could be a possibility.

18. majkelpajkel

majkelpajkel Member

Bought mine a couple of days after release here in Japan. Seeing the size of it now I doubt there'll be a Lite version at all. Got no problem with the battery time, longest flights/trains I take are around 2.5-3 hours, giving me enough playtime :p

Don't really play in 3d as much anymore though, especially not while taking the train. Usually end up having to stand while playing, making it hard to get the angle just right