1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS---worth buying??

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by avatar123, Jun 10, 2011.

1. avatar123

I just wanna know...cause I'm going to buy one..

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You could wait till Christmas or a little later on when there are better games out for it. There's only one that I really like until next week when OOT3D comes out.

3. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

Im buying it on sunday, today i saw one of my friends pokedex 3D and the videos of the games in 3D its amazing its a must have, buy it or regret it xD

4. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Quoting for emphasis.
    Another reason is a hopeful price drop, which is the issue that stops me.

5. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

If it was like 200 dollars i would "accidently" break my ds and trade it in for a 3ds only paying like 50 dollas ):<

6. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

you can trade in a broken unit?

7. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

Gamestop/EB games will send systems in to get them refurbished.

8. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i didnt know that hmm thinks if i knew that i could of got both of them now to look for a game stop in Birmingham to get my blue 3ds.

9. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

@avatar123: one question, why are you asking this if you already know that you are going to buy one?

10. avatar123

@viccie211 I'm sorry..what I mean is, if you guys think it is good then I buy it..and if not I'm just gonna wait for the playstation NGP to be release..

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I love the 3DS. Best system I've bought so far.

12. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

The NGP is now the Playstation Vita. I'm gonna put my money on this one. Even if there aren't as many good games as there will be on the 3DS, it'll be alot more powerful, meaning it will probably be able to emulate newer consoles.

13. viccie211

@avatar123, I know, it just looked kinda strange. The 3DS is awesome, you just have to get a good game. I'm buying Ocarina of Time 3D friday, if my parents allow me. That game will be great.
    But if you don't have a good game, like me now(splinter cell 3D is short and has no replay value) you kinda feel ripped of, but there will be good games.

14. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Ocarina of Time 3D and Street Fighter IV 3D are the only really good games out right now..

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Yes, because now good games are out for it

16. viccie211

It's kinda lame compared to the DS launch line don't you think?
    The DS hade SM64DS, and if i'm right really short afther the launch there came New Super Mario Bros. and mario kart and another bunch of good titles

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They'll come. It takes a while longer to develop 3DS games anyways.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nope. Mario Kart came out a year after the DS came out and New Super Mario Bros came out a year and a half after the DS launch.

I'm not a huge fan of SM64 so that wasn't really good for me. Honestly the first killer app for the DS was Kirby Canvas Curse. And the announced 3DS' holiday line up (Super Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, and Mario Kart) are much better than what the DS had for the first year for me.

19. viccie211

Sorry, my bad, I was stuck with my SP back then till 2008, so I didn't know it that good.

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Look it up before you say it.