1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3ds won't detect my Supercard DSTWO

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Jan 4, 2012.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I've downloaded the latest EOS, and the 1.13 firmware. I was able to successfully update it using my dsi xl. I put my dstwo into my 3ds and it's just a blank spot there as though there is no game at all.

What could be the problem?

Also, how likely is this to make nintendo put a ban on my online features?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's just spam.

Anyways, it should have upgraded the card for you and should have worked. And you sure it was for the 3.0.0.6?

3. archlvt

Yes it's the right version, and it did upgrade for me. I prompted me to upgrade when i put it in my dsi xl. But when I put it in my 3ds, nothing shows up. There's no error or anything, it just acts like nothing is in the slot.

It still works on my dsi xl, so the cart didn't go kaput.

4. archlvt

Still having problems if anyone has any suggestions.

My 3ds still plays 3ds and ds games
    My supercard still plays on my ds

But my supercard just hates my 3ds. I don't get why.

I also have an acekard 2i, maybe I should try that? Just to be clear, I'm supposed to download akaio 1.8.9 and the 3ds3.0 update from here right? http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2i

I haven't used my acekard in a couple years, wanna make sure I get it all right and the acekard site has terrible engrish.

5. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

yes download the 3ds update from the acekard site and run the 3ds update on your nintendo ds (not i)

6. archlvt

What do you mean not i?

I only have a dsi xl and a 3ds. The acekard has already been flashed to work on the dsi xl though.

7. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

well idk try runnign the 3ds update on the dsixl

8. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

run a 3ds update on a dsixl. I think its time you went bed

9. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Re: 3ds won\'t detect my Supercard DSTWO

xD yep its 11:00 PM here
    Post Merge: [time]1325818868[/time]

10. archlvt

I tried my acekard, and it keeps saying an error has occured. It doesn't work on my dsi xl now either. Not only that, but I tried my alternate microSD card with the old firmware which previously worked on my dsi xl, and now it's not working on my dsi xl at all.

I think my acekard is bricked =\

The problem with my DSTWO though is the shape of it. The 3ds detects it SOMETIMES, very briefly. The dstwo is kinda fat, like too much crap was packed into it. For some reason my xl reads it fine but my 3ds only reads it once in awhile.

11. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

This might be a stupid suggestion but have you tried blowing the cartridge slot and the cart,my DSTWO sometimes does the same thing and the almighty cart blow fixes this each time

12. archlvt

Yeah I've tried that. That usually fixes the "a problem has occured please turn off your ds" error. I'm positive that the problem right now is the physical cart itself, because it's so fat, won't connect properly with the pins inside.

13. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

the "a problem has occured please turn off your ds"
    happens when your 3/DS/I/XL
    is updated and your card isnt
    what it means is you need a non-updated 3DS, Xl, I or a DS
    (edit) Upgrade your card
    then problem solved
    i dont know why your SCDS2 isnt appearing though

14. archlvt

You misunderstood my post. I am not having that problem at all. Every once in awhile I get it (almost never), and the cause of it is dirt/dust on the connectors.

The real problem at hand is my 3ds not picking up my dstwo, which is caused by the physical shape of the dstwo.

15. dracky w

is it too big or does it rub/stick on a certain spot, or is it too small?
    cant imagine it being too small,cause mine gives a little resistance on my DSiXL

16. archlvt

It's too big and fat. I also feel it grind as it goes in, which kinda worries me. It feels like it is scraping something because it's too fat.

17. dracky w

home brew fix take some extremely fine grade sand paper and sand the areas that show wear ,just dont remove the label
    if i look at mine it seems a tad too wide for the slot,and the fact that it doesn't have all the contact fins worries me

18. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

have you taken off the sticker?
    my Dstwo used to get stuck a bit before i did

19. archlvt

No I haven't removed the front sticker.... I'm a little reluctant to do so. I can't imagine that would have enough of an impact to make it work.

Can anyone else confirm that this will help?

20. dracky w

didnt work for me,mine gets caught at the sides not the front