1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS transfer damaged my dsi!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jun 7, 2011.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

so i updated to 1.4.2 and it was fine, than i went to dsi shop and downlaoded the 3ds transfer program to check out how it was. once it got to 99% i get an error that the file couldnt be downloaded and had to reset my system. i try to turn it on and i get a black screen with message:

an error has occurred. press and hold the power button to turn the system off. please see the nintendo dsi operations manual for help troubleshooting

is there a way to fix this? or just send it to a tech

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'd just send it to Nintendo personally.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I noticed something when looking at your post on gbatemp.net......
    Source: iluvfupaburger's images

Find out in here:
    On closer inspection on the images, I saw you taking photo using a camera. :p

If the cause is the DSi online shop updates, then Nintendo should take responsibility. But if there is no Nintendo reps. in your country/town, then best you can do is take it to your local game store for fixing/restore hardware.

4. iluvfupaburgers

yeah, took it more so people could believe me and see how it looked like. wish i could have recorded the thing but i had no idea it was goingt to happen, and i cant do it again since it bricked my dsi :p

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yes, I saw that some been doubting your words even though there has been similar reports coming in since your post. Well from what I read in that post of yours, its seems the most casualties are the EU DSi series, with only been 1 case of the US DSi series. I think there's nothing much you can do but do a system restore.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

send it back to nintendo with a letter explaining exactly what you did and what happened. If this is a bug in their software then they need to fix it.

7. iluvfupaburgers

well, my dsi is also from US, so ill try doing what loony does when i go to US this summer for vacations, since where i live there really isnt any nintendo support :p