1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS release date and price.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by xicyacex, Jan 19, 2011.

1. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

It is to be released on March 27 for $249.99 in the US.
    I am really excited for it and I already pre-ordered it.
    SOURCE: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/nintendo-3ds-price-release-date/
    Games will cost $40 - $50
    SOURCE: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/retailers-3ds-games-priced-at-40-50-in-us/
    It's also to be launched in Europe on March 25.
    SOURCE: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/19/3ds-to-launch-in-europe-on-march-25/

2. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Interesting... that's $100 more than the original retail price of the DSPhat.
    Let's hope that it's worth the price of a home console, eh!?

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i am definitely going to wait until better titles comes out and the price drops a bit

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

What's that in sterling

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

roughly £160. The price will get hiked when it comes over here though.

6. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

£199 probably. Damn you region lock

7. corners

corners Active Member

That's sort of expensive. I still do want one, but maybe when it has a better battery life.

8. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Still probably gonna get it. KH 3D~

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

On one site, the 3DS is listed for £219.99 which is hecksa expensive. That's about $352 USD.

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Any estimates on the price after it goes down? I'm not saving up for something so pricey. I'd rather just go for a PSP 1000 instead of that expensive of a handheld.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No estimates. I would say that it'll hold it's value until the next gen of it comes out in a couple of years or so.

12. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

I would say that the price for the 3DS would start dropping in after 1 year or 2.
    Not really sure but I would say that it would take a while for the prices to drop.

13. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

I don't care how much it costs. I'm getting one.

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Me too, but the number of games it has is also somehow relative to the cost.

In recent years, pricier handhelds/consoles lack a decent amount of good games. :p

15. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

But it's clear that there are plenty of good games. The line up is already Jesus-like and the thing hasn't even been released yet!

16. shinra358

shinra358 Guest

I wish they would make a retro nes colored version in first release. Im too scared to buy one at first release because as soon as I usually do, a better version usually comes out xD

17. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Dag. Pretty friggin expensive. I want one bad though.

18. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I'm particular. I've seen the launch titles and out of all of them I'd be only likely to pick up one or two of them. I'd rather wait until the 3DS has a lower price and a bigger library to choose from than to get the 3DS and be stuck with 1 game (as if I got it when it was launch price, I'd only be able to scrounge up enough money for 1 game)

19. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

I prefer to wait till it gets hacked n flashcards fill the market for 3DS, maybe the price will drop by then, who knows?

20. kikikool

kikikool Member

I'll wait for the price to drop, and better games too since none of the ones I saw caught my eye that much. (crosses fingers for FFVI 3DS)