1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS games on DSI

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dragonboy010, Aug 25, 2011.

1. dragonboy010

dragonboy010 Member

Is it possible to download 3DS games and play it on a DSI

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

never will be.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but did you know that the 3DS is more powerful than the DSi?

5. FacePoppies

FacePoppies Active Member

Actually, yes it is. I'm working on a program called 3dSuper that will let you play 3ds games on dsi without the 3d.*

*keep in mind that I'm still in the early planning phase. So far, I've thought up the idea for the name and that's about it.

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Nice one

7. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Goodluck with that, but honestly i doubt your going to succeed,

reason one: 3ds is ahelova lot stronger then dsi, it has a whole difrent os then the dsi
    Reason two: graphics, if, IF, you get it right, its going to look like crap
    Reason three: card size, over a certain limit cards OR roms dont read on DSI

Why dont you try making 3ds roms work on the 3ds! and become legend? then making a newer handheld games work on older crap >,>

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I recall reading a thread in GBATemp.net yesterday, most likely this guy's the same person who posted there about his idea to "make a 3DS emulator for DSi" base on just "a name for it", as well as on another place. And everyone there was joking about his post in both places he posted.

Nice trolling.... so far only the name been thought of !? Yeah! Right! Have you any clue about the difference in term of processor and graphic difference between a DSi and 3DS? With or without utilizing the 3D feature, you're like intending to play a PS3 game on a PS2 console. I got one advice for you; Wake up and quit day-dreaming.

@ DragonBoy010,
    A console can only do backward compatibility (depending on certain conditions are met), never forward.
    3DS console can play NDS games but not the other way around. If you want to play 3DS games, best is
    you trade in your DSi. You can still use your roms/official game cartridge on the 3DS.

9. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Absolutely deplorable.
    The fact that none of you trust FacePoppies disgusts me.
    Give him anywhere from a year to 42 years and he will deliver the impossible.

10. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

HAHAH! okay lets trust him lets give him 42 years to do this then!

maybe then he will realize that its not worth it, since by that time. a new nintendo handheld will be out, or the world will have ended or somthing! haha

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Dude. That would be awesome. When you are able to do that, let me know.
    I'll help with coding and everything.