1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3ds flash cart help need for a newbie!!!!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by ladybird1905, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ladybird1905

ladybird1905 Member

hi there

i am totally new to the r4 cards etc and so confused!! i mean i know what they are but didn't realize exactly how many different ones there are so i need a little help.

my children have both got ds lites each with an r4 card which i bought preloaded with games on threw a friend, now we are getting them a 3ds/3dsxl (dependant on money!) each for christmas and need the cards to go with them but i don't have a clue which ones to get!!! as i found out the ones i bought are a clone although they are working fine, i don't want to buy from him again.

i have read in another recent thread "i know that there are flashcarts that can run NDS games, but are there any yet that can run 3DS games on the 3DS yet?

does this mean flashcart = r4 card?

and that downloading a 3ds game onto an r4 card for the 3ds it won't play in 3d or work at all and that all that the kids can play is the normal nds games that they already have and the original shop bought 3ds games on individual cartridges?

i am just trying to work out whether i would need to buy a few different 3ds games so that they can play on them and then they have the r4 cards with nds games on or that i can sort out the r4 cards and have 3ds games and nds games all on one!!!

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

The 2 best flashcarts for the 3DS are:

1. http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/supercard_dstwo_slot_1_multilanguage_1_4_4_compatible_gba_iplayer_mediaplayer_3ds_preflashed.html

2. http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/promo_dsi_r4i_gold_slot-1__www_r4ids_cn__3ds_1_4_4_compatible_wood_rev_c_max_1_piece.html

With the r4i gold, take note of the website address for that cart, as there are different r4i golds an the market.

No flashcart can run a 3DS game

Yes r4 is a flashcart

The rest of your post i covered above.

3. ladybird1905

ladybird1905 Member

Third: If you want to buy a flashcart for your 3DS or 3DS XL, just buy r4i gold 3ds or supercard dstwo. Both of them can work on the latest V4.4.0-10 firmware, dstwo is more expensive because it has some extra features such play gba games, real time save.... if you don't need these additional features, just go for a r4i gold 3ds card, yeah, there are tons of r4 clones in the market, the r4i gold i mentioned is this one: http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html do not buy other clone cards, and also remember to buy a pre-flashed one, so you don't need to update it when you receive it.
    [/quote]

so if i was to buy the above card all i would need to do is transfers the games across or do i need to transfer all the other info across to?

and i didn't know that the 3ds can use a sd card so how come the games can't be playable from there instead of the r4 card or is it something to do with data or something as the r4 card has a micro sd just like a sd card can?

sorry if i ask something that might seem logic or easy but i don't have a clue about these things only how to download a nds file and put it on the micro card!

4. summerxxxx1

summerxxxx1 Well-Known Member

im getting mine today from either digitopz or digimartz either way i cant wait lol

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

'browse'
    You can't determine the legitness of a site from browsing it. The only good way is to bite the bullet and buy something from them (unless there is a good review for that site somewhere).

I can confirm Digitopz is good though.