1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS ambassador program for the asian models

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by frostydrag0n, Aug 27, 2011.

1. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Well I think this is in the right section so I'll just shoot:

So I don't stay in the west and have an asian model of the 3DS (It says ASI on the box, and has a serial that starts with CSxxxxxxxx) but I'm not too sure if it would be eligible for the ambassador's program thinghy.

I changed the 3DS region to US for the E-shop 'coz my region doesn't support it yet, apparently. And so far, the downloads and free stuff have been working, save for the 3DS video, which sucks.
    Also, I got an in-3DS notification that says I'm eligible for the ambassador's program 'coz I bought the 3DS pretty damned early.
    I went to verify my serial no. by changing the S to W 'coz apparently that can bypass the US-ASI difference thing.

I'm just wondering if there're anyone else out there who has the asian model and who tried this out and have an idea whether this would work :D sure hope I'm not screwing myself up big time. =/

2. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

You don't have to change the S to W,it should work even with an S as long as the 3DS connects to the US e-shop,and it plays US games
    Mine has a CS and it said I'm eligible for the ambassador program

3. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Oh, gosh I hope I didn't do something stupid =/ Well, I tried putting the original serial and it IS eligible! Guess I'll only find out on 1st sept if I can download the free games then. Thanks for somehow clearing that up ~

4. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i hope the uk ambassador programme checker is out soon