1. This forum is in read-only mode.

358/2 Days (KH) Blank Screen trouble!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I tried downloading KH, 358/2 days both US and European versions from the European Server, because the US server doesn't show anymore. Unfortunately, while the opening screne loads and everything, as soon as I try to start a game, I get a blank screen.

See, I choose new game, then choose story mode, then choose the difficulty, and then I end up with a blank screen...

What am I doing wrong? Or is there just bugs with the game or something?

2. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days has anti-piracy on it that switches to a black screen once you choose the difficulty.

This is the patch that Xenophobia included with the game when they released it.

Hope this helps you!

3. Lukong

Lukong Well-Known Member

Hello I am a AEU. I have ran into this problem in the past, but don't worry I will help you and even widen your game library.
    I am guessing your using NO$GBA 2.6 will you need to get DeSmuMe 0.9.5, but keep both emulators they are both vital. Here are links

The newest NO$GBA this version is 2.6a
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=q4p63ssm

This is the emulator you need to use
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/files/desmume/0.9.5/desmume-0.9.5-win32.zip/download

And if you know how to use a emulator follow this instructions, but you only need this for real problems not like the blanking screen thing I mean things like freezing on Pokemon SS and HG

The Emulator known as DeSmuMe 0.9.5. (File Name "desmume.nosse2") can play Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Warning it well restart the emulator so save and do the steps

Config > Emulation Setting > Check "Use 8MB debugger mode when starting execution" and Click "Ok"

To make DeSmuMe faster
    Config > 3D Settings > "SoftRasterizer", Check "...Edge Making", "...Fog" and uncheck "Unrealistically..." > Okay

Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode choose "Synchronous..." and choose "N" or "Z" or "P" > Interpolation "None" or "Linear"

Config > Frame Skip > Uncheck "Limit Framerate" > (For faster speed) > Auto Skip or Fixed Skip > Adjust to "1" to "3" or higher [Note: Lower is smooth and Higher is Choppy]
    Post Merge: [time]1272244049[/time]
    I hate to tell you this I have never, NEVER, NEV-ER used a patch Okay and I suggest no one use patched unless your using a console

4. ZeroSlayer01

Thank you! I think I'm just going to try the patch at least first though. I'm curious though as to why if Xenosaga (They made/hold copyright to the game or something, right?) would release a patch too if the whole point was to avoid piracy or something. It's kind of...odd.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

You meant Xenophobia.
    No they don't make those AP, they only dump the game so it can be played using Flashcart.
    The developer of the games make the AP.

You can try check here for more method of playing it.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=23731.0;topicseen

6. ZeroSlayer01

Thanks for your advice everyone. The patch didn't work for me, so I used Lukong's advice, and it worked! Thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm having an awful time with the sound though. It's very jumpy/overlapping, slow...just awful ><;.