1. This forum is in read-only mode.

2ds 6.0.0-12E flashcart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sbacio, May 4, 2014.

1. sbacio

sbacio Active Member

hi,
    first of all i'm sorry to disturb you with another flashcart doubt topic, but i'm really an amateur and i'm not very good with english so i'm not really understanding a thing reading old topics.
    my question is: is there a flashcart who can emulate 3ds and nds roms on a 2ds 6.0.0 12-e?
    if there is, which one should i buy?
    if not, are there only nds/only3ds flashcart that i could buy (i have to decide yet)
    please help me i'm reading topic and searching a lot, most sites tells me i have to have a 4.something version but in some topic there are people who says that flashcarts works on 2ds, i'm just plain confused.
    sorry for my amateurish english

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

3DS Game Roms;
    No, unfortunately no flash carts for emulating 3DS games to run on 2DS running that firmware version. Even on 3DS console, it cannot be higher than v.4.5.0. Again, NO! There's none so far for 2DS or 3DS running firmware higher than v.4.5.0.

NDS Game Roms;
    Yes, there is/are several. Simply look for any flash cartridge that states it supports 3DS firmware up to at least v.7.1.0 (in your case at least v.6.0.0). To name a few; Super Card DSTwo and R4i Gold 3DS. Again, just make sure it says it supports 3DS firmware up to at least your 2DS's firmware, only then it should work. Though you do need to have the seller pre-install the latest firmware for you if you don't own an older generation NDS console, because your 2DS's firmware will not allow reading of flash cartridge not already pre-installed to run on it's firmware version.

Hope the above explanation is understandable enough for you.

3. sbacio

sbacio Active Member

thank you very much! it's really clear and i'll think about buying a supercard or r4i gold...

4. deviousgsr

deviousgsr Member

supercard dstwo is the best 2ds/3ds flashcart in existence. http://www.r4flashcart.com/10-supercard-dstwo-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-ds-lite.html that's where i got mine

5. Amarion

Amarion Member

wow, seems that Prectorian has introduced so clearly. And since your 2ds is on version V6.0.0-12E. you can choose from dstwo and r4i gold.
    i'd like to add that if all you want is playing nds games or homebrew, then you can choose wood r4i gold,like this one : http://www.r4depot.com/8-r4i-gold-3ds-flashcart-for-ds-lite-dsi-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds.html , this is the best r4 card as well as most famous flash kit in the market,uses famous wood firmware,with a regular updating and 100% game compatibility and the price is hard to beat at the same time.

If you're wan to play GBA games and willing to pay twice as much, you can go for a SuperCard DSTwo. Updates are also quick, and it runs on it's own firmware (EOS), which has just as much compatibility as wood. But what makes it pricier is all of the extra functions it has: a gba emulator, ability to create save-states, free-cheat, etc. If you're fine without those, you might as well buy the r4i gold.