1. This forum is in read-only mode.

2D Games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Rikro, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Rikro

Rikro New Member

Hi guys. I tried looking in the forum for some games I might like, but so far I was rather unsuccessful.
    I mean, I don't really have a problem with the battle system or the story.
    The thing is, I really don't like 3D NDS games. I don't know why, but I think that handhelds should stay with 2D (You can see I'm not very excited about the 3DS).
    Some of you may think it's silly, but I just can't play a game with 3D graphics.
    I don't mind games with graphics like DQIX, or FESD.
    It can be strategy, RPG, Platformer, or just about any genre, just as long as it's 2D.
    Please give me some advice on 2D games. Thanks in advance!

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Mario and luigi games or new super mario bros.

3. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Fire Emblem & Final Fantasy Tactics A2 & Disgaea

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Platformer/RPG - Castlevania
    RPG - Chrono Trigger
    Strategy - Advance Wars DS & DoR

5. Rikro

Rikro New Member

Thanks! for the advice everyone!
    I started playing Chrono Trigger, and it's fun!
    After I finish that, I'll look into Mario, Castlevania and Disgaea.
    Just a question, though:
    I need to play Portrait of Ruin first and then the other, or is it ok to begin with either one?

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The games don't relate to each other in anyway. Feel free to play the DS Castlevania games in any order.

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

New Super Mario Bros.

If you grab yourself a NES/SNES emulator you can play Super Mario Bros. 1+2+3, and many others.

8. LuckyTrouble77

The originals work far better than say All Stars for the SNES emulator. I mean, it runs, but it runs worse than the originals on an NES emulator.

9. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

There are 3 btw, Dawn of Sorrow was the first (which i enjoyed most).
    As said above, they relate to eachother in no way.. although, DoS was a sequel to Aria of Sorrow on the GBA .

10. yoshi2889

I know, but a DS is not a TV.

11. LuckyTrouble77

It's more like the DS is not an SNES. It can easily run any NES game, as they are all with in it's hardware capabilities.

SNES emulation on the DS though is still in its early stages and will probably never get past those early stages. Compatibility on even the best emulator is awful, and barely any games run without problems (ie: in All Stars I experienced music and top border issues on Super Mario 3). I would love it if somebody put in the time and work necessary to really make a top of the line SNES emulator for the DS, but it probably won't happen.

We'll just have to hope that when the 3DS gets hacked, somebody crafts a nice SNES emulator for that.

12. yoshi2889

Or the DSiiii...I'm waiting ages for a hack, just for fun, so I could save something more into my DSi memory, it's EMPTY. 6 games.

13. LuckyTrouble77

People haven't taken much of an interest in the fact that the DSi has slightly higher hardware capabilities due to the fact that it still doesn't do what emulator developers would want. If Nintendo had decided to do a classic virtual store for the DSi though, it probably would have gone over very well.

14. yoshi2889

DSi with DSTWO :p
    Or yeah a Virtual Store, like they did with the Wii...

15. LuckyTrouble77

The DSTwo is failing to deliver in that aspect. :p

16. yoshi2889

As of currently ::)