1. This forum is in read-only mode.

2426 - Farm Life (E) ~ Game randomly freezes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Heche, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heche

Heche Active Member

I've been playing 2426 - Farm Life (E) (Aka John deere: Harvest In The Heartland in America) for a while now, but I have found that it has a habit of randomly freezing. It always happens whilst the game is in a transitional state (Loading screen), when the three egg-timers are counting down, although the music still keeps playing in the background

Is this a bad dump, or are there known issues for this ROM? (I'm using a CycloDS with the newest firmware)

I've yet to test out the 1867 - John Deere: Harvest in the Heartland (U) ROM for a comparison

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Freezing can be caused by slow MicroSDs. Backup your files and format your MicroSD, restore everything and try again.

Use this program to format your MicroSD
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

3. Heche

Heche Active Member

Somehow I don't think that is the problem. All other games except one work fine (The exception being Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin, which I believe has known issues with freezing)

This game in question I have noticed suffers from tragic slow-down (A game flaw, not a problem with the dump), but I did notice some glitching with some of the graphics where fences would be all scrambled, although I haven't noticed this lately.

For some reason this game just does not like the loading screen graphic - The loading only takes literally a second or so as you enter / exit a building or menu, but seems to freeze randomly, and won't even allow a soft reset to the CycloDS menu

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just because another game works fine is irrelevant. Try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.