1. This forum is in read-only mode.

2 problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ~7Vath~, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~7Vath~

~7Vath~ Well-Known Member

ok here i go, i used to play the ds ALOT, and believe me i wouldnt leave it at home when i got out. so, i knew sooner or later these problems would come, my r4 didnt load(and its no clone nor a fake), almost never and if it did and i booted a game and in-game it froze, because of this i moved on to the psp changed firmware, sucky firmware and i want to get back into the ds. so yeah,

1.is there anything i can do to fix the non-loading problem?\

2. where could i find the latest firmware for the r4? im tired of looking! :(

thx. in advance! ;)

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, I'm betting your problem is just the contacts of the R4 not making proper contact in the slot-1 of the DS. Try cleaning them, or try the paper trick. That's something you can do to ensure they make good contact (just search R4 paper trick here or in google for more info). As for firmware, the latest is 1.18, which you can get from www.linfoxdomain.com .
    Report back here if you get it working, or if it's still not working.

3. ~7Vath~

is there any other way? i really dont want to open up my r4ds, by the way, i kind off dont understand the instructions.

4. Fredbox

Well just try cleaning the contacts. And you can try improving the conductivity by scribbling on each contact a little bit with a pencil. That's because graphite (the stuff pencils are made of) is very conductive. So the R4 should make better contact with the DS. Try that.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

You can also use YSMenu. And clean it like Fredbox said, or just get a new cart. And you don't take apart your card.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Backup all your files and reformat your MicroSD.

7. Fredbox

I get the same problem occasionally, and all I need to do is jiggle the cart a tiny bit, and start again. If I don't jiggle it, the DS says no cart is inserted, so I know (at least in my case) it's a contact problem.

8. ~7Vath~

tried it, boots but it doesn't find the micro MicroSDs, tried with two out of 3, but the other one is lost. idk what to do,

i already tried YSMenu, i didnt like it. and i dont plan on getting a new cart anytime soon.

i'l try it later!

thnx you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.