1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1964 N64 Emulator Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Could somebody please tell me what controller plug in the 1964 likes so my A and B buttons do as their supposed to? I can input my name just fine but when I go to pick that file I just created and the game asks start a game with this file and I hit my A button to say yes all the game does is back up to file select. Sorry, maybe I should've said that I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and plain old XP Home.
    Post Merge: [time]1329315776[/time]
    Oh sure. As usual 14 bazillion people read my posts but nobody ever wants to help me. :(

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Did you make sure you saved your controller configuration settings?

And are you even sure the game requires you to press A to confirm your file selection? You said you can name your character or game file using the A button, but are you sure you have to press the A button to select said file? Maybe you need to press B, START or one of the C Buttons to confirm the file selection.

And furthermore, you being impatient will definitely not help you out :p

Why with the time you spent waiting for someone to answer your question you could have figured out a solution on your own.

And besides, I've noticed a majority of the people who log onto RomUlation these days are really more into the DS scene & a lot of the retro gaming & emulation folk have stopped dropping by so you really are truly shooting the breeze on this one, so to speak.

3. Fennyariel

If I could've figured out my own solution why would I be asking here in the first place?

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Do you not use project64 also ?, It has alot more avalable plugins and joypad plugins

I find this download to be a good build http://www.mediafire.com/?mxawd0pmqyw5d2h

And moden-est, also new plugin for joypad just released NRage Input Plugin SVN r59

http://www.emucr.com/2012/02/nrage-input-plugin-svn-r59.html

I would also say project64 1.7 is alot faster then 1964 anyday.

EDIT: Na i don't think that may PPL read this entire forums since it began XD .

5. Fennyariel

No, I'm actually trying 1964 thinking maybe it'll take the flicker out of Toad Town better in Paper Mario. But the A and B buttons on my Xbox 360 controller aren't being read properly. Let me see if I can't get this right. I can put in a file name OK it's just that when I go to pick that file when I get to the "are you sure" part no matter if I hit A or B it just backs up to file select.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try using a program to map the controller buttons to keys on the keyboard.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

And it took you three posts before you even tell us which game were having issues with....

Paper Mario is one of the few games that has minimal graphics glitches in Project64 I'm afraid.

8. Fennyariel

No, I'm thinking the slower speed will kill the Toad Town flicker. And Looney when you say a program to map my controller you mean something like Joy to Key? ;v) I was thinking about just setting it to defaults and going through Joy to Key for it but then I think on the other hand shouldn't an emulator at least be able to understand a game controller?!

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes a program like that. As to native controller support, they do natively support controllers designed for PCs. the x360 controller was not designed to be used on PC.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have somethink simlure to this and they work very well with all emulators

PC usb joypad.

http://www.geekalerts.com/dual-shock-usb-gamepad/

I got mine for £6 at a computer fair.

11. Fennyariel

Thanx guys, I'll go run it through Joy to Key! ;v)