1. This forum is in read-only mode.

100 CLASSIC BOOKS ~ HELP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by blinkgirlgirl, Jun 21, 2010.

1. blinkgirlgirl

blinkgirlgirl Active Member

I can't access to the books, when i click on the menu i have the same presentation message which appears again and again.
    :(
    Pls help do i need any patching or some other things done to the rom itself?
    I'm using R4 with Woods v.1.09.

Thanks in Advance! :'(

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt a game like this has anything that even begins to resemble AP. Try to backup and format you MicroSD card. Also, if you want to try something simple before that, try blowing on the contacts of the cart, and in the cart slot. There may just be some dust or dirt on the contacts making the game freeze.

3. cokenut0611

cokenut0611 Member

This game does the same thing for me. Repeats the same menu over and over and that's it.

4. LuckyTrouble77

I would just like to mention also, there is a (E) version of this game that has been around for some time now. It contains pretty much all the same books, if not identical. It should work flawlessly if I'm not mistaken.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

the main difference between the (EU) and (NA) version, is pretty much just a few typing differences...it all says the same thing, pretty much just worded differently, so if it works, might as well use it...

6. blinkgirlgirl

I tot it was sumting to do with my R4 cart too. So i also tried on another R4 i got recently & formatted my SD card as suggested but still no good news....

But really thanks for your reply. Every reply helps. ^0^

May i know it the other version (EU?) is in English too?

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

yea, it's in British English ,i'm downloading it now so i can put it up for you guys.

8. blinkgirlgirl

Truly Thanks to YA!!!! ^0^

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8J1K6NN0

10. blinkgirlgirl

Thank YA Sooooooo much! :-*

P/S: May i know if the extra 10 downloadable books from the (US) version can be added to the (UK) version of this game as well or vice versa?
    Thanks again! :)

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i'm not sure, i've never played it.

12. cokenut0611

cokenut0611 Member

THanks...tried this link and 100 books works on my ds now.

Post Merge: [time]1277241690[/time]
    Sorry I quoted the wrong quote. Meant to quote the link. But it works...thanks

13. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone will bother fixing this AP or just let it go.

14. LuckyTrouble77

This issue was fixed with Wood R4 v1.10.

15. azman2000

azman2000 Member

16. Griffandir14

I already downloaded Catz' uploaded E copy, but just for curiosity's sake does anyone know which 10 books are extra.

17. azman2000

azman2000 Member

On the US version, there is 'The Secret Agent' by Joseph Conrad, Nicholas Nickleby' by Charles Dickens, 'The Three Musketeers' by Alexandre Dumas, 'Just So Stories' by Rudyard Kipling, 'Twelfth Night' by William Shakespeare, 'The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman' by Laurence Sterne, 'Treasure Island' by Robert Louis Stevenson, 'The Prince and the Pauper' by Mark Twain, 'Around the World in Eighty Days' by Jules Verne, and 'The Happy Prince and Other Stories' by Oscar Wilde.

BTW, there are approximately 42 books that are exclusive to the US version, and 5 downloadable books that are also exclusive to the US version.
    Click here to see a list of all the US exclusive books.

Oh whoops, the save I linked to is for the European version. I just edited my post to point this out.

18. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

someone just post a prepatched 100 classic books (U)

19. Griffandir14

Why would they make Frankenstein and Dracula exclusive to the U copy, Mary Shelly was English and Bram Stoker was Irish.

20. qwerty5377

qwerty5377 New Member

can someone post a .sav file for the usa version with the other downloadable books?