1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1 TB hard drive

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ultra, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/17/hitachi_7k1000_terabyte_hard_drive/

here's a review of a 1 terabyte hard drive that is on a single drive. there used to be a 1 terabyte hard drive but that ran under 2 hard drives in a special casing made by the company.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I could have a 2TB drive by putting 4 of my hard disks into a spanned/striped array :)

3. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

Nice I already have a 80GB laptop, 160GB desk, and a 500GB HD... Althoguh that is about to run out soon lol... I wanna get a WD 1TB HD.. cause i love WD lol ::)

4. Loonylion

thats all?

1.2 TB desktop (2x 120GB, 2x 500GB), 1.5TB laptop (100GB internal, 750GB, 300GB, 400GB external) :p

how else did you think I back up RomUlation? :p

laptop internal drive is a toshiba, all the rest are seagate :)

5. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

I don't backup EmuXperts ;), Emu does that lol, I just upload my content...

But the 1TB is on order :)!!!!

And thats.... huge ammounts of space lol.... *cough pr0n cough*... *runs*

6. ironsaw

ironsaw Guest

hm, lets see..including my portable drives...bout 2T for my AW home PC, bout same for my laptop, but thats only free memory

7. L

L Active Member

guess im the only one whose burned over 600 GB on DVD//CDs :-\
    though i do have 2 external 160 GB HDs

8. Maximillion

Maximillion New Member

dang!!!! i'll stick with my 40gb hard drive ::)

9. Patton

Patton Guest

I am thinking about ordering one of these.
    Torrents would love me =)

10. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

i only use a 500 gb extenal harddrive

11. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Aw, that's cheating. Your laptop is only 100GB. When you want to use the rest you have to drag along three data and power cables and three disks.

Btw, I'm on a 250GB Hitachi (which is full) and a 160GB Maxtor (which has an average transfer rate of 0.3mb/s, very useful for temporary space, but basically it's dead). I need an upgrade.

12. IceFiend

IceFiend Active Member

I'd get everything off that drive right now. Its going to go out any day if it can only transfer 300kb per second. My 10gb drive on my 66mhz pc operated faster.

13. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Yup, it has failed a couple of times due to heat. The second I noticed that I let it cool down and started transferring everything essential to the 250gb drive (which ofcourse took ages) and is the reason why my 250gb disk is filled now.

14. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I have a 80GB internal drive inside my Toshiba excuse for a laptop along with another 80GB external hard drive that I paid way too much from TigerDirect.

15. Winterreise

Winterreise New Member

This 'comp has 160GB HDD. My 1998 computer downstairs that is barely capable of running Windows XP and Windows Explorer at the same time has a grand total of...11.6GB. Hey, it was top-of-the-line back then, OK?

I am ordering a new one in the next 3 weeks though, which will have a 1TB HDD. Lucky me!

16. bartosh

bartosh Member

360gb is enoughe for me =]

17. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

and how much would this cost XD

18. xboxccclx

xboxccclx New Member

Laptop has 160 and then I have 2 maxtor 1 TB disks set up in a mirror RAID... better safe than sorry!

/P

19. Loonylion

yes, and better avoid maxtor altogether. they'll probably both die at the same time, knowing maxtor :p

20. Winterreise

Winterreise New Member