1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1.4.1u Update

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Sep 9, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm about to buy an XL, and I was going to just flash my acekard 2i on my ds lite and use it on my xl. Am I no longer going to be able to do this? I saw people talking about this on gamefaqs so I made a beeline here to get the scoop. Which cards are screwed? Are there workarounds already?

I also noticed that people are saying not to update. Isn't the update mandatory? If it were optional, why would anyone update to 1.4 in the first place before 1.4.1 came out?

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

it's not mandatory, you just can't access the shop channel and things like that, and go ahead and read the topic about it in this same section ^_^

3. archlvt

Well, I really don't care about the shop channel, I don't plan on getting dsiware stuff. But what about connecting to wifi with games? Will that be restricted if I don't update too?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No. You can still play online without an update.

It's just like the Wii.
    On that, you don't have to update to play online.
    On the PSP/PS3 you do though. :p

5. archlvt

In other words, I can disregard all of this news, flash my acekard, buy my XL without any worries as long as I remember never to update?

Don't I have to make the upgrade to 1.4? Or is it already loaded on there? I assume that update actually had something useful otherwise everyone would ignore that too.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The DSi XL launched with 1.4X firmware.

7. archlvt

So then I'm good to go :) Thanks. Almost didn't buy my XL after all there for a moment.