1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ZOMG XBOX360 VS. PS3 VS. WII ZOMG

Discussion in 'Debates' started by vigteo, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vigteo

vigteo Member

who would win

the 360 with halo 3 and best graphic :)

the PS3 with its Axis thing and weighing over 300 POUNDS :D

or the wii with motion controls SSBB and sonic and Mario ;D

YOU DECIDE

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I'd say the PS3, better graphics but not as many games as Wii and X360, but it's getting there. And because it's the only one I have.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

PS3 cos halo 3 is overrated.

4. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

ps3 but i don't want one and as i now can't afford my pc i'll have to mod a 360

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

360 with Halo as best graphic? pffft please...... besides PS3 has the higher graphic capability, I mean just look at KZ2 and MGS4. But at the moment ill go for the 360, mainly because I can stream my media from my ext. HD to the 360. No more burning Cds,DVDs or photo Cds for me.

6. kaj1992

kaj1992 Member

definitley wii, this has been the hardest decision for me when it comes to video games, do i go for the wii and have an absolutely incredible control system and lightgun capabilities AND super mario galaxy and super smash bros. brawl in exchange for the graphics being a little lower than other consoles (although the wii does have awsome graphics)
    or do i go for the 360 and have good graphics, and halo 3 (although this game is not that good and I think they should have stopped it at the first one as it gets boring from time to time)
    or do i go for the PS3 and get stunning graphics, the eye toy games (including that new card game that is out for it) and the possibility of final fantasy XIII coming out on it, in exchange for being a bit low on cash for a little longer
    when weighing up the competition, I think the wii has it all, when you look at zelda:twilight princess you can see it has absolutely beautiful graphics, when you play a game like super mario galaxy you will see that it has absolutely brilliant gameplay, and all that for a sweet price range of £170 - £230, you realize that it is well worth your money. so all you 360 and ps3 fans out there I have 2 words for you!!!
    WII RULES, 360 HAS BAD GAMEPLAY AND PS3s COST TOO MUCH.

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I distinctly disagree with the controls... The controls do suck.... I want a PS3 though, but I'm stuck with my Wii.... I do think Wii is better, because it's different than all the Sony fanboys here....

8. equitypetey

sony fanboys!!!!! there's no sony fanboys, there's xbox fanboy's and spec-hunters (just made that up sounds cool though)

9. ndsrulz1

ndsrulz1 Active Member

i will go with the 360. also it is unfair to judge a systems graphics on two different games. both of those games where made by 2 different people and they both had a idea of what those games should look like. personally i think anything they put out on ps3 could be matched on the 360 if the developer decided to develop that game on the 360.

P.S i will also go with the 360 for GTA IV exclusive DLC.

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Towards all you who think the PS3 has the best graphics, are you willing to explain why so? Both the PS3 and the X360 can output at 1080p with an HDMI cable. So basically, they have the same graphics. Also, I heard, from Winterreise I believe, that the Xbox 360 is, in fact, more "powerful" than the PS3 in terms of the CPU, the 360 having a 3.2 GHz tri-core processor with the PS3 having a 3.2 single-core processor. Well, I vote Wii because it's kiddy and I'm a kid. Good enough for you? GOOD ENOUGH?! :p

11. Darkslabe

Darkslabe Active Member

PS3

But everyone has a xbox 360...

12. Loonylion

I have a PS3 (got it a couple of days ago) and so far I'm impressed with it. The sixaxies is how motion sensing should be done; the wii just goes well over the top.

13. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

PS3 since it is the most powerful gaming console ever.

14. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I'll give another vote for the PS3, it has the franchises that I alway look forward to; MGS, Final Fantasy, Ratchet & Clank, etc. While it's the only one that I own, I do have a roommate with a Wii and another with a 360 and all 3 are hooked up in the same place, and I always find myself playing/using the PS3. Also, the Wii just feels really gimmicky to me, I played Twilight Princess on both Wii and Gamecube and found the original Gamecube version to be much more enjoyable, not having to wave with wiimote around in a way that was supposed to be like swinging a sword.

On a side note, I also love how PS3s have been hooked up to be used as super computers and can help with the Folding@Home.

15. Loonylion

Yeah I noticed that too. I'll probably leave mine plugged in all the time at work so it can contribute.

16. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I would go with xbox360 but gahhh PS3 has metal gear solid 4....

17. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I think's it's the Xbox's GPU actually that's superior...

No Sony fanboys ??
    ::) ::).............

18. ultra

ultra Guest

the six axis is an okay "motion sensing" controller but it has it's limitations. i don't believe capcom will use it for resident evil 5 like what they did with resident evil 4 for wii. btw, once you play resident evil 4 on the wii there is no going back to playing on a dual analog. it just sucks that resident evil 5 can't be for wii [because of graphic limits] because if it was it would probably outsell both the ps3 and the 360 due to the controls.

there's currently a buzz about wii games as a new developer [high voltage] has been creating some games [3 so far (1 currently in development and 2 for wiiware)] that are promising. you could check them out at ign or any gaming website.

i don't think there really is much going on for sony and microsoft, especially microsoft. you could only go so far with the standard dual analog controller and then you'll hit a wall. then the only thing that you'll offer is something else. sort of like a pretty chick who sucks in bed as she uses her sexy looks for the pleasure while the not so good looking girl knows the moves and offers the most pleasure!!

the wii has it's own problems as well, such as the control is flimsy [play resident evil umbrella chronicles and you'll see what i mean]. the graphics of course is weak but high voltage is creating an engine that will do some good thing hopefully. it's quite weird when you compared the ds and wii together as both are weak compared to their competitors yet one is blooming then the other [psp ds and wii 360 ps3]. ds has weak graphics and developers are able to make some good looking games and beat their competitors. but the wii hasn't reach that level yet. also, we haven't seen developers make jumps for the wii as compared to what they did for the ds. maybe time will tell.

360 and ps3, what else do they have to offer. their becoming more home theater like then what they were before [more then likely 360 is then compared to sony as they are just replicating ms's direction].

anyway, i'd have to say the wii has a good start and the next iteration will probably be more prominent and we'll see if anyone tags along their route [nintendo's].

btw, where's winter [he's a 360 fan].

19. xxStr1feXx

xxStr1feXx New Member

ps3 graphics are the icing to the cake

20. equitypetey

if i where to look from a modders point of view 360 would be best. but then again you have to mod the thing if you don't want it going up in a ball of flames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.