1. This forum is in read-only mode.

yu-gi-oh - tactics and strategies

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by janlukky, Nov 29, 2009.

1. janlukky

janlukky Well-Known Member

ok this time i am not talking about making a card but rather a deck strategy, being a player myself in real life and also in the virtual world i made quite a few here is one i am proud of in virtual decks but we can also use it in real life since the cards used have been released.....

in real life the cards used come from the booster pack Force of the Breaker, i am not sure about spirit monsters but here is a list http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Spirit_Monsters

i call it Gem Spirit Smackdown or Gem Spirit Smash. the reason why it is called this? you may ask...
    the reason is because what will happen to the field if and when is is played properly when uninterrupted.

this tactic makes use of spirit monsters in a crystal(gem) beast deck. it mainly makes use of two cards dark dust spirit and crystal abundance.
    to start this we need at least four monster cards on the field, we then tribute one for dark dust spirit a level six monster this clears the monster zones for a direct attack that is if nothing happens. the effect of the crystal beasts cards activate at this time and become magic cards. we continue onto main phase and use the second card crystal abundance clearing the field a second time and summoning the crystal beasts cards at the same time this usually opens up to an attack that ends the game. that is if the other player survives the first round. two optional monsters can also be used in this tactic yamata dragon or hino-kagu-tsuchi, and asura priest , this strategy can also speed up the summoning of rainbow dragon assuming that you already have it in your hand when you start this.

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

its been a while since i place in real life.... but in real life, i battle with my favorite monster instead of making a deck to win.....

however in WC2009, i use Jugement Dragon OTK which work in game 85%, but really when you are using Light Lord, you dont really need Judgment dragon.

also in Tag for 2, i build a Final Countdown stalling deck which work 85%, but its boring....

right now i'm planing to build an old school Exodia deck in Tag Force 4.

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

In real life back when I use to play I used a water deck mainly based on Amphibious Bugroth MK-3 that I called "C2LP Torpido (Sea to Life Points Torpido)".... Now I only play in videogames (currently playing Tag Force 4) and I have 3 decks that I use.... The first one is called "This is SPARTA!" which is a Gladiator Beasts deck and has a win ratio of 9/10.... The seccond is called "KAWAII!!" and its a Fortune Fairy deck that has a win ratio of about 9/20 unless I am teamed up with Carly Carmine then its more like 4/5.... The last is on the works right now called "Power Rangers 5D" which is a deck made from the VWXYZ monsters cards.... Its a tribute to the Power Rangers that I use to watch when I was younger because the cards reminds me of the zoids....

4. janlukky

not bad people...

Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End

Is this effect well worth the risk?
    Its greatest power is also its greatest weakness…..

the following is from my experience from playing in the duelist leagues back in grade school.
    - one was skill drain its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness, without that powerful effect this card is no different than a ( dark ) blue-eyes white dragon.
    - second scenario, use its effect and it nearly cost me the game since it left me with 100 life points and my opponent with around 1500 LP and open for 2 turns untill i can throw down something good for protection.
    - a third scenario during a tag duel with my best friend who at this time uses a warrior/spellcaster or a deck with only spellcasters, i was being too careful i should had used it's effect but was deciding if I should use the effect and lost due to snatch steal

Tip: when using this effect check the field or you as a player of this card will lose, when using this effect there are times when it is a good plan mainly when facing a burn type of deck or you are in a tight spot mainly your opponent got you on lockdown, or make sure you can end the game with one move …...the effect of this card

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I love ZA WARUDO lockdown (The World)
    Too bad its hard to pull out :p

6. Renji217

The Yata-Garasu lockdown is mor fun to use....

7. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Yu Gi Oh doesnt require strategy. It requires ridiculous hair, magical powers. mellenium items and motorcycles.

As for me, I like to use Blackwings and Spellcasters.
    My favourite card is Gorz, Emmisary of Darkness. He is easy to summon, my friend almays fights through effect damage.

8. ggrroohh

But its banned ::)

9. dragonbrawler

dragonbrawler Member

using lv armed dragon and horus, using the effect of masked dragon makes armed dragon lv 3 to lv 5 more quickly plus when the opponent has a monster atk less than 2400 also summons lv 7
    Post Merge: [time]1259749467[/time]
    not mine pls

im a dragon lord user and will you please tell me how can i make a combo made from this structure deck mostly on felgrand dragon, darkblaze dragon, and vandagyon the dark dragon lord.

10. Renji217

Ya but in vediogames once you reach a certain point you are able to use 1 banned card....

11. janlukky

not for the tourny legal titles like WC series unless we hack the game to remove the ban list

12. Renji217

I dont do turnaments.... I just play for fun....

13. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

can some tell me what is the most powerful red-eyes deck!!!I've tried building one and i only get pawned...i would appreciate the advice

14. janlukky

first Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord must be used with a counter trap card i have a few in mind for the other 2 you will need to get them on the field first may i suggest the rise of dragon lord structure deck + flame ruler monster card

check this for your dark dargon
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/File:Counter.png
    i suggest these cards
    # Negate Attack
    # Trap Jammer
    # Solemn Judgment
    # Seven Tools of the Bandit
    # Spell Shield Type-8
    Divine Wrath
    Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
    Spell Vanishing
    Judgment of Anubis
    Post Merge: [time]1259784901[/time]
    Card combo ....

In case you have not been keeping up with the game this is a good trick that puts the game on lockdown for your opponent and keeps him/her in a heater that has gone haywire

I call it inferno fire just be glad that this is not a shadow game or elce we will be dead or burned to a crisp in a few turns…..Cards used here is the following problem

Solar Flare Dragon + Solar Flare Dragon + lava golem = ??? ....

The answer is 2000 damage total and lock down....
    Post Merge: [time]1259784957[/time]
    Structure deck curse of darkness and mystic swordsman....
    Ok this cannot be used in the TCG game but rather the newer yu-gi-oh games like tag force 3 and WC 2008 or other recent game titles that include the curse of darkness structure deck. Which is Structure Deck 12. Still I cannot be certain where it is found but anyways here we can create a small lockdown or fake out our opponent that we are psychics that can read what our opponent has in his/her hand if we have good memory.....
    Cards used: Diabolos, King of the Abyss, spirit reaper, mystic swordsman, ....
    Optional cards: Book of Moon, card destruction, Protector of the Sanctuary,....
    There are several things we can do the first I will call cursed reaper sword or cursed sword for short the reason is because of the effect of mystic swordsman followed by the effect of Diabolos, king of the Abyss we get to send cards to the top of the deck. If spirit reaper is also in play that drawn card will be sent to the graveyard….Book of moon also plays well in this tactic in which we can remove a high powered monster from the field by means of attack than to use the spell card back to square one which has an activation cost of discarding one card form the hand…....
    card destruction and Protector of the Sanctuary, with Diabolos, King of the Abyss plays a smaller role this is mainly to fake being able to read what our opponent has similar to mind reading which is what I call this. It is also a small combo in itself since when we draw due to card destruction’s effect our opponent cannot draw then with that powerful Diabolos, King of the Abyss we can see their drawn cards and decide to put to the top or bottom….....
    see what I mean?...some rules are just meant to be broken…haha just don’t try this on your best friend.....
    Post Merge: [time]1259785005[/time]
    what game do u use?
    Post Merge: [time]1259785116[/time]
    i use dragon's roar structure deck and modifed it one suggestion is to use king dragun a fuseion monster

15. Renji217

Ive tested it in 10 duels and it seems to work 4/5 times.... If you want more info on the cards go to

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Just use the search function....

45 cards
    ---------------
    22 - Monsters

3x Luster Dragon
    3x Masked Dragon
    3x Red-Eyes B. Chick
    3x Red-Eyes Wyvern
    3x Red-Eyes B. Dragon
    3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
    2x Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon
    2x Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon
    ---------------
    9 - Spells

3x Stamping Destruction
    2x Summoner's Art
    2x Ancient Rules
    1x Swords of Revealing Light
    1x Heavy Storm
    ---------------
    14 - Trap

3x Dimensional Prison
    3x Sakuretsu Armor
    3x Dragon's Rage
    3x Metalmorph
    1x Magic Cylinder
    1x Mirror Force

16. janlukky

monsters

3x Luster Dragon
    3x Masked Dragon
    3x Red-Eyes B. Chick ( use 2 )
    3x Red-Eyes Wyvern
    3x Red-Eyes B. Dragon ( use 2 )
    3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon ( use 2 )
    2x Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon (remove or one only)
    2x Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon (only need one)

add
    Twin-Headed Behemoth
    Armed Dragon LV3 x3
    Armed Dragon LV5 x3
    armed dragon LV7 x2
    Element Dragon
    mirage dragon

optional fuseion 3x each

divine dragon ragnarok
    lord od D.
    king of the swamp
    the dark-hex sealed fusion
    king dragun
    cave dragon
    rare metal dragon

add union to fuseion

kiryu
    pitch-dark dragon
    dark blade
    dark blade the dragon knight

if ritual and blue eyes (P.S. this can also add as a fuseion if used properly)

white dragon ritual
    sonic bird
    paladin of white dragon
    blue eyes white dragon

---------------
    9 - Spells

3x Stamping Destruction
    2x Summoner's Art
    2x Ancient Rules
    1x Swords of Revealing Light
    1x Heavy Storm

add

mystical space typhoon
    nobleman of crossout 2x
    creature swap 2x
    reload 2x

fuseion (optional)

polymerization

---------------
    14 - Trap

3x Dimensional Prison
    3x Sakuretsu Armor
    3x Dragon's Rage
    3x Metalmorph (remove or keep it to one no more than 2 )
    1x Magic Cylinder
    1x Mirror Force

add
    call of the huanted
    ceasefire
    dragon's bead
    reckless greed
    interdimensonal matter transporter
    trap jammer
    curse of anubis (if not in deck still keep it with you )

i will explain this its one of my summon chains when i play using this both in duelist leagues and in games i sometimes add winged kuriboh and the 2 other cards that come with it
    Post Merge: [time]1259799598[/time]
    Twin-Headed Behemoth
    Armed Dragon LV3 x3
    Armed Dragon LV5 x3
    armed dragon LV7 x2
    Element Dragon
    mirage dragon

i am sure you may know what these are if not here are their effects

Twin-Headed Behemoth - If this card is destroyed and sent from the field to the Graveyard, Special Summon it during the End Phase of this turn with 1000 ATK and 1000 DEF. You can only use this effect once per Duel.

Armed Dragon LV3 - Armed Dragon LV5 - armed dragon LV7 - these are level monsters that deal with special summon to level up in the case of this armed dragon Lvl 3 we can do it during our standby phase by tributeing it at Lvl 5 it needs to destroy a monster as a result of battle to level up. at Lvl 5 it gains this effect send one monster card from your hand to destroy 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field with an ATK equal to or less than the ATK of the sent monster. at Lvl 7 this effect
    Send 1 Monster Card from your hand to the Graveyard to destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field with an ATK equal to or less than the ATK of the sent monster. in place of this we can use horus the black flame dragon

Element Dragon - This monster gets the following effect(s) while there is a monster(s) with the following Attribute(s) on the field: ● FIRE: This card gains 500 ATK. ● WIND: If this card destroyed your opponent's monster by battle, it can attack once again in a row.

mirage dragon - Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards during the Battle Phase.
    Post Merge: [time]1259800006[/time]
    optional fuseion 3x each

divine dragon ragnarok
    lord od D.
    king of the swamp
    the dark-hex sealed fusion
    king dragun
    cave dragon
    rare metal dragon

add union to fuseion

kiryu
    pitch-dark dragon
    dark blade
    dark blade the dragon knight

if ritual and blue eyes

white dragon ritual
    sonic bird
    paladin of white dragon
    blue eyes white dragon
    blue eyes shining dragon

fuseion
    blue eyes ultimate dragon

since you have alot of high Level monsters i advise you to turn that to a fuseion deck using this we can special summon one additional monster at every turn for spells and traps
    you know the story

17. Renji217

I know what they are and I know that their good but he wanted a Red Eyes B. Dragon Deck so I saw no reason why they should be there....

18. janlukky

they are support cards for your deck it has too many high tributes

Twin-Headed Behemoth
    Armed Dragon LV3 x3
    Armed Dragon LV5 x3
    armed dragon LV7 x2
    Element Dragon
    mirage dragon

and who is it i am trying to help you or sinharvest

19. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

thank you all for your help. It will not go in vain(going on yu gi oh wc 09 ;D) hope it's good. appreciate the help.btw i think red-eyes is just awesome although i know that it's easily pawned but i still like them

20. ggrroohh

So complicated >.<
    I'll be sticking to my Darkness Metal FGD Deck >.<
    Easy for me to use :p