1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Youtube comments section anyone?

Discussion in 'General News' started by S.A.clovet, Nov 17, 2013.

?

Do you want the old youtube comments section back?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. S.A.clovet

S.A.clovet Member

So... Yeah... Wonder what youtube thought when they put up the new comments section.
    I was already happy with the old comments section (especially when there's a debate and the comment replies go really long) now it's just... :-\
    What do you guys think?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Both options are shit quite honestly, but the new one is the better option of the two.

The old one was an unreadable mess for replies; a stupid text limit where you never had enough room to say what you want; and throwaway replies always made top comment (stupid jokes mostly). Also nothing was curated unless the uploader wanted to see each reply before putting it up there, so most of the comments were flaimbaiting, trolling, insults, death threats, and so on. There's a reason why you're supposed to NEVER READ THE COMMENT SECTION, and this is especially true for content creators.

The new one in theory helps curate the good comments or feedback and make them more visible, reply chaining is easier to read, and the removal of the text limit is actually a good idea. Even though the voting system throws a wrench in the system, the idea is sound but in practice, it's garbage. Trolls, bots, and malware/viruses are mostly up voted and that breaks the system, ie the internet happened.

But, fuck you google + I ain't signing up.

Also stop posting ASCII picture in the comment section, you ain't doing any good.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I hate google plus, I hate the forced integration, but the new comments are alright. They're actually easier to ignore now.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

google plus is killing youtube...

5. S.A.clovet

S.A.clovet Member

That put me in a different perspective...
    For me the comments section helps me A LOT, especially when there's something in the video that I can't quite understand. But yeah, can't really understand why you need a google+ account. You signed up for a website and you need to sign up to another one just to use one feature? F*ck no.
    Basically, google + knows that they're shitty but still wants more users, so they forced it upon people who want to comment.
    Good thing there's reddit XD

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Way to go Google...

You did get a lot of fresh meat for Google+, but for all the wrong reasons.

When people want to be a part of something they'll do so of their own volition. You forcing Google+ down people's throats is not the right way to get positive marks.

7. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I think Youtube should have been left intially the way it was before. Without Google+

8. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Look likes you can EDIT that post in Youtube comment (new version), better than old version! Plus, from limited 500 characters into unlimited characters! Cool! :D

9. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

This. Along with being able to view replies without opening new tabs.

10. S.A.clovet

S.A.clovet Member

I guess I'll just wait and hope... and pray that you won't need a Google+ account just to comment on Youtube.