1. This forum is in read-only mode.

You're prefered browser

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by monter, Oct 11, 2008.

1. monter

monter Guest

Mine has to be firefox as it's easy to use alot of websites wont let you look at them unless you have firefox.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

mine is firefox because it's fast, secure, standards compliant, established and innovative.

3. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Why is this in Games, Jokes and Random??

And don't say it's because such and such a browser is a joke... ;D

I don't have a preference...
    Firefox or IE, whichever I spot first...

I haven't noticed a difference of speed, and I've never
    had any security breaches using IE...

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'd imagine because the question isn't being asked seriously, i.e monter is curious rather than wanting the information for a specific reason.

5. sesa

sesa Well-Known Member

Firefox because I am a add-ons whore.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Don't we have a thread about this already?

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Google Chrome. Faster, more secure more standards compliant (well, it gets a 79 on the Acid3 test, compared to Firefox 3's 71), not as established, but more innovative. Just read their comic! They pretty much redesigned how a browser works. The only problem, however, is that I have to switch back to Firefox if I want to run Java applets. Chrome can't do that yet.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Firefox.

9. seiryu666

seiryu666 Member

Firefox for the add-ons and themes ;D

10. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

tortilla firefox

11. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Ive never heard of that before

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Firefox copy?!!!! hahaha.

13. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Mozzila Firefox FTW
    I like Google Chrome, but it needs more time to establish (N)

14. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

ditto.

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Like the pokemon ?
    How mad would it be - a Pokemon Browser!
    Like in the shape of a Pokedex or something ?

16. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

*facepalm*

ditto = same (this term was around WAY before pokemon)

therefore i use firefox

lol

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Cerberus (AKA Firedog, is it a rip off?, am I being stupid?, tune in next time on... #ERROR- INTERNET CONNECTION LOST)

18. Seph

Lame joke is lame.

I personally love how people fell over each others feet to praise the wonder of Google Chrome when it came out, now everyone is back to using Firefox. I don't think they redefined how a browser works, all they really did was remove the native windows border, define their own close buttons and put the tabs up top, yay for reworking the browser!

The idea of containing tabs to their own processes so if something crashes then it's only that one tab is really nice; if it worked all the time, which it doesn't. And really, if firefox crashes (which is extremely rarely) then I just start my browser again and it loads al the tabs.

Honest Google is doing the web a disservice by releasing Chrome, we don't need more browsers to compete for market value, what we need is one central rendering engine so a webpage looks the damn same on the same code; and the rendering engine used by Mozilla Firefox just happens to be open source, so they'd have helped the web so much more by contributing to that instead of rolling their own fork. So the whole "we want to improve the web" bullshit is just that; bullshit.

19. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

It always works for me. :-\
    Besides, their JavaScript engine is faster.

20. Seph

Yeah, because the javascript engines we currently have really requires loads of processing power. Not.

Most javascript is poorly written, hell, even most code from whatever language is poorly written. Let me give an example. A friend of mine wrote a piece of PHP code, it used a O(n^2) operation, I had a look at it and decreased it to a O(n*2) operation, that's a damn many operations saved, especially because we had a n of > 1000, so 1 million operations versus 2,000. Much javascript code is the same, written to be slow, so they can optimize their javascript engines as much as they want, nature will just invent bigger idiots.