1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Young and Eager

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MessoMesso, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I first found my way to RomUlation when I found out that 100 Classic Book Collection didn't seem like it was going to have a North American release. So, I... Aside from that, yes, I am a bookworm. My favourite genres are historical fiction, science fiction, zombie horror, and... coming-of-age. In my defence, I didn't have much of a childhood, so... Oh, and those are some of my favourite movie genres too.

I've been playing video games since I was three, and even before that I still have memories of video games. My cousins were my neighbours, and everyone in the family was a video game nut, even my mother. I remember watching my cousins die in Pitfall! and cowering under the blankets whenever someone played Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (the stitches on his mouth were really scary!). I have the original PlayStation, a PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3, an Xbox 360, a Nintendo Wii, a Nintendo DS, and a PSP. My favourite kinds of games are RPGs and adventure games, both Western and Japanese. I can't name any favourite games, since there are just too many, but I'm a fan of the Final Fantasy series, Insomniac, the Sly Cooper series, and FPS games, Halo included among them. I remember when I first started playing Halo... All I would do is kill other Marines or jump up and throw grenades to see how high I would fly. Good times.

My views lean towards the misanthropic, but I still have some hope for humanity... Some. And even so, with all my doubts, I still do try my best to better humanity in some way, whether it's chasing after the piece of paper someone dropped or just tidying up the place. When I can't do anything but think I am consumed by nihilistic existentialism. Oh, and I have a cat and I love animals. You know, cat's aren't loners like a lot of people think they are. They're actually very social and affectionate if you bring them up right, just like people. My cat follows me everywhere, and always has something for me when he comes back home. He's very smart, too. If he likes you and you eat candy in front of him, he'll go about finding more candy for you. Or at least, that's what he does for me. I share my bed with him, too. We always sleep together, even take naps together when possible. He's pretty cheeky, too. When he's bored he likes to steal my pencils and run around the house meowing.

I nearly forgot! Anime, manga, I like them too if they're any good. Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, The Big O, Le Chevalier D'Eon, and loads of others... Oh, and I also like Year 24.

Oh, and I thought up my username on the spur of the moment. I thought it had a nice ring to it.

2. SlicedandDiced

SlicedandDiced Well-Known Member

well come to RomU

3. NeoStriker

NeoStriker Well-Known Member

Pffffft, I have a PlayStation, PlayStation 2, a PlayStation 3, an original big bulky and red GameBoy, a GameBoy Color, a GameBoy Advance, a GameBoy SP, a Nintendo DS, a Nintendo 64, a Nintendo GameCube, and a Nintendo Wii. (Screw the Xbox's!) By the way, you sound like a decent guy, and I wish my cat was more like yours.

4. MessoMesso

Oooh, goody! Someone took me for a guy! For some reason a lot of people like to take me as a chick. Sure, I do like the occasional sappy drama, I prefer the elegance of poison over the vulgarity of the blunt object, I often fizz and squeal over video games, TV shows, and voice actors some people may never have heard of, and somehow I'm strangely attracted to Alucard from Castlevania, but otherwise... I just don't see how anyone could see me as female.

Let's be friends! Can I call you sister? You know, like in the Victorian way of passionate yet Platonic relationships? Oh, we'll be so good together! I'll get out my tea set...

5. NeoStriker

I would have been surprised if you were a female; we could be friends; you can call me sister at your own risk; I want mine's with extra sugar and milk.

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Welcome to Romulation, enjoy your stay in the forums :)

7. wbslider

wbslider Guest

wow nice intro. Welcome.

8. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

welcome to romU!! most are male gamers so we always get mistaken. i love cats too, one of my cats is really cute lol he should get to know your cat too

9. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Hi,

I like cats, but not catgirls.

Welcome, and Enjoy.

10. MessoMesso

You... don't like catgirls?

May I ask what, my good sir, is wrong with you?

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I have a flu.. :p

Don't worry, I feel better already.

Hi again.

12. NeoStriker

Sorry, but death to all furfags.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Welcome to the university of roms, Rom U. Your intro was quite long, but cleanly and eloquently written out. I do enjoy the fact that this site has some of the more intelligent people I've been associated with. Welcome aboard MessoMesso.

14. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Of course people here would take you as a dude. Your gender says so. Welcome to RomU MessoMesso.

15. i didnt read the intro :p im to lazy btw WELCOME!!! :D

16. Raqueldms

Raqueldms Well-Known Member

Welcome to RomU!
    Whoa, that's a great (and huge) introduction. ^.^
    I envy your console collection. XD

Yay, I LOVE Final Fantasy! <3

17. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

God, who isn't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.