1. This forum is in read-only mode.

You mean there's a forum too?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jim81jim, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim81jim

jim81jim Guest

I'm going to guess that's the general sentiment of the thousands of people who stop by the main site every day. Hell it caught me off guard when I saw it but than again I am slow so maybe it's just me.

Hey everyone my name is Jim. I got into emulation about a year back and have been learning more and more about it over the past months. It's funny to think back to the first time I downloaded a rom and didn't know what the hell to do with it. LOL. Sad I know. Now at least I have a clue as to what I'm doing.

I'm an average guy. I'm in College right now. I have no idea what else to say. Hmmmmm. Maybe, "I'm a libra and I enjoy long walks on the beach" ??? No, that doesn't sound right. Oh well if you wanna know something just ask.

Nice to meet you all. : )

2. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Welcome to RomU! Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction, I visited the site for quite a while before I even noticed the forum, it happens I guess.

3. jim81jim

jim81jim Guest

Thanks for the welcome man. Glad to know I wasn't the only one surprised by the forum. Place seems pretty huge. Should be some interesting reading around here. Any section you'd recommend?

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Welcome and Enjoy the Site!!!

5. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard to RomU!

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

Is it really that hard to notice that button up there?

Well, welcome and stuff.

7. jim81jim

jim81jim Guest

Wait there's a button for the forum? LOL

I kid I kid.

It just sort of blends in with everything else and doesn't really stand out. If it had I would have come by much sooner.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Welcome Jim :)

9. nimishtoory

nimishtoory Guest

Welcome is your name Jim?

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I'm betting it's Paul or something.

11. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Welcome to Romulation Jim~[​IMG]

[​IMG]Have Fun and Enjoy your Stay here ^^[​IMG]
    Don't forget to read the rules here ~

12. jim81jim

jim81jim Guest

No, it's Sara. XD

13. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

i'm sorry i just have to laugh hahaha

btw welcome sara ;)

14. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Jim.

...CJ will be along shortly to stamp your head and give further instructions.

15. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Yeah the infamous CJ, he's the stuff of legends, like the one out of pokemon and all that turd. Anyway Welcome.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

*CJ jumps out of the water
    Welcome person with a long unoriginal name that I am too lazy to type yet I am typing all this
    *CJ stamps the number 8871020 on your head
    Officer 8871020, your mission is to collect deliscious roms, you got that punk?
    *CJ salutes

17. noitenshi

noitenshi Well-Known Member

Welcome to RomU, Jim. :)

18. jim81jim

jim81jim Guest

Well thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

In my case I had no choice but to log onto the forum when I first started out visiting the communty. It was when the site had to be shutdown & the forum was the first thing the admins were able to re-operate. You should have seen how many people were online then greeting the forum back as well as asking when the downloads would return.

Anyhoo, welcome to our community, we hope you'd stay for as long as you'd like :)

20. jim81jim

jim81jim Guest

Thanks. I plan on staying around. There really aren't a lot of good forums dedicated to emulation. Sure a few are out there and do a decent job but this place is huge compared to them and it seems really active too which is cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.